The Student Room Group

People who say ghosts dont exist..

Never really understood the blatant denial of factual evidence that these people ignore but Id like you to explain how you can deny their existence? Surely you can see that with millions claiming to have seen them there must be truth in it? If not explain scientifically why its not true.. Ive seen ghosts before and like others I am not lying or have reason to lie so explain what I and others have mistaken the ghost sighting for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video="youtube;ObYL5YQi3lM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObYL5YQi3lM[/video]
Reply 2
Original post by Souljer
Useless input as usual

Posted from TSR Mobile

Harsh
You did not see a ghost, you saw what you thought was a ghost.
Well arguing that ghosts exist is like arguing that one day a block of butter might suddenly become self-aware and take over the world. It's a silly argument, with no proof on either end of it.
Reply 5
Original post by Souljer
Never really understood the blatant denial of factual evidence that these people ignore but Id like you to explain how you can deny their existence? Surely you can see that with millions claiming to have seen them there must be truth in it? If not explain scientifically why its not true.. Ive seen ghosts before and like others I am not lying or have reason to lie so explain what I and others have mistaken the ghost sighting for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know they're not aliens?
Original post by Souljer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Millions claimed the world was flat, millions claimed the Sun revolves around the Earth.
Belief without evidence is illogical. Anecdotal evidence is the least trustworthy and should be treated as such
Millions of people claim that they've seen God's miracles, doesn't mean He exists....
Reply 9
Original post by iEthan
Well arguing that ghosts exist is like arguing that one day a block of butter might suddenly become self-aware and take over the world. It's a silly argument, with no proof on either end of it.

If you see something is that not proof of its existence? I dont see how it is a silly argument, if so many masses of people claim to have seen ghosts are you saying they are all lying? Paranormal things exist look at ouija boards etc clearly work so dont see how existence of ghosts is so farferched

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Souljer
If you see something is that not proof of its existence?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Experience is subjective.
Evidence is objective.
So no, perceived experience of ghosts does not prove their existence.

Quick Reply