The Student Room Group

How much would you spend on an item of clothing?

I have the opportunity to get some Bape and I was thinking of saving some money towards it but it could be like £200 almost for a hoodie and thats the lower end. I don't really have any actual tops anywhere near that price, maybe like a Ralph Lauren jumper thats like £80.

Shoes are a different story and I spend quite a bit on em. I don't think I'd spend more than £300 on a pair of shoes, even tho I like the look of some designer stuff but it's still mega expensive. (Before you judge I don't own £300 shoes just saying, If I had the money that'd be my max)

Scroll to see replies

For some reason, I don't like spending too much on clothes. Makeup on the other hand...I spend a lot :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Changing Skies
For some reason, I don't like spending too much on clothes. Makeup on the other hand...I spend a lot :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never get the female obsession with make up, like I saw a girl over christmas saying a make up set was her dream christmas present and it just seems so dull but she ended up getting it and posting about it on instagram for the whole day, like just a box of make up.

I got a face mask for a tenner today and I felt like I was breaking the bank.
Most I ve spent on clothes is a £60 pair of leather boots and my leather biker jacket.
Recently spent $95 on a pair of Nike sneakers. Most I've ever spent on clothing/shoes but I do ****ing love them. :biggrin:
nothing over £50 unless it's really amazing.
Most ive spent is £360 on a blazer and that was after the 40% discount haha.
But usually dont go above £100 for a single item
Original post by Dinasaurus
I never get the female obsession with make up, like I saw a girl over christmas saying a make up set was her dream christmas present and it just seems so dull but she ended up getting it and posting about it on instagram for the whole day, like just a box of make up.

I got a face mask for a tenner today and I felt like I was breaking the bank.

I don't even understand myself why I love it so much, it's just so exciting :tongue:
Most I've spent is £175 on a coat lol, that was the sale price though and I'd been watching it for a while. Normally nothing over 80, the most expensive regular clothes I buy are jeans, cheapo jeans are horrible.
Reply 9
Oh damn, I've heard YSL is a nice brand but £175 for a shirt wowwww, is it like minimal or loud?

Yeah shoes kind of overpower me, i bought these shoes for like £240 once without even planning, just saw them got them and when i got home i just thought wtf.

Original post by somemightsay888
Most I've spent is £175 on a coat lol, that was the sale price though and I'd been watching it for a while. Normally nothing over 80, the most expensive regular clothes I buy are jeans, cheapo jeans are horrible.

I tend to just get topman jeans for like £40, are those cheapo?

Original post by Daniel9998
Most ive spent is £360 on a blazer and that was after the 40% discount haha.
But usually dont go above £100 for a single item

Yeah I've heard buying more pricey for items like suits is usually worth it.
Oh damn, I've heard YSL is a nice brand but £175 for a shirt wowwww, is it like minimal or loud?

Yeah shoes kind of overpower me, i bought these shoes for like £240 once without even planning, just saw them got them and when i got home i just thought wtf.

I tend to just get topman jeans for like £40, are those cheapo?

Yeah I've heard buying more pricey for items like suits is usually worth it.

Nah £40-80 (which is vvvvvv rare) is what I normally spend on jeans as cheap jeans get ruined and go very stiff in a few machine washes. Topman is **** tho, ridiculously overpriced.
the most i've actually spent would be £70 on my preowned versace suit
the most spent on me would be my uncle's girlfriend she bought me a pair of shoes i liked when i met here a couple of weeks ago in london...they were zenga avenue flex loafers for £480
I wouldn't spend much on clothes. I don't. Primark usually does the job for me or any place with a sale on. I really don't care, as long as I have some clothes on my back.

The most I've ever spent on is on Indian clothing for a relatives wedding, but that's it :yy:
I'll happily drop £150-200 on sneakers, but on actual clothing I feel dirty if it costs more than £20 per item. I just shop in the sales section for jeans and shirts and grab as many 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 deals online as I can :tongue:
Reply 14
Personally the most I've spent on clothing for myself was like £300 for a North face coat. For me, the quality made it worth it. On the otherhand, I've bought my gf Chanel and Dior shoes costing from £700 - £1300 and Burberry Coat £1395 as a christmas present. For some items I can understand the price but often, not really
Original post by somemightsay888
Nah £40-80 (which is vvvvvv rare) is what I normally spend on jeans as cheap jeans get ruined and go very stiff in a few machine washes. Topman is **** tho, ridiculously overpriced.

What other brands do skinny jeans like them? My waist is under 28 inches so I tend to wear spray on skinny which falls at my waist but they're held up by the leg area, I find a lot of other brands tend to not do jeans as skinny.
Original post by alexschmalex
I'll happily drop £150-200 on sneakers, but on actual clothing I feel dirty if it costs more than £20 per item. I just shop in the sales section for jeans and shirts and grab as many 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 deals online as I can :tongue:

Is this you?
On a normal day I wouldn't go over £50. Heck, I probably wouldn't go over £40.

But for birthdays it's different, and there's this £100+ jacket I have my eye on for July... :-)

Is this you?

Literally me right now, wearing brand new Jordans but a shirt I got in a 3 for £20 deal and jeans I got using my friends employee discount 😂 My priorities are pathetic
I have the opportunity to get some Bape and I was thinking of saving some money towards it but it could be like £200 almost for a hoodie and thats the lower end. I don't really have any actual tops anywhere near that price, maybe like a Ralph Lauren jumper thats like £80.

Shoes are a different story and I spend quite a bit on em. I don't think I'd spend more than £300 on a pair of shoes, even tho I like the look of some designer stuff but it's still mega expensive. (Before you judge I don't own £300 shoes just saying, If I had the money that'd be my max)

the other day I googled searched the girl in your avi

wow

anyway

max i'd spend on clothing would be £70

Quick Reply

Latest