The Student Room Group

What is wrong with living off your parents?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Awesome Genius
Tbh u wudnt have been, I was one of the best there

I don't mean who did the best in some pointless exams that have no correlation to your ability as a MD.

I mean this 'I'm God's gift' attitude- was surrounded by it in college and alongside the general feel and the subject problems, this was a key factor in my decision to leave.
Original post by dairychocolate
Plebs will never know that feel.

Jokes on you, we're everywhere.

Not really. I've successfully managed to avoid this kind of entitlement for the most part.

The most intelligent people I know did not go to Oxbridge.
Original post by Ethereal World
I don't mean who did the best in some pointless exams that have no correlation to your ability as a MD.

I mean this 'I'm God's gift' attitude- was surrounded by it in college and alongside the general feel and the subject problems, this was a key factor in my decision to leave.

Alright Edith , enough playa hate for one day. Let's all get along
Not really. I've successfully managed to avoid this kind of entitlement for the most part.

What do you mean by entitlement in this context?
Reply 24
For someone who is usually arrogant, you'd think you'd have more self respect.
Hubris and money does not buy dignity.
What do you mean by entitlement in this context?

AG by his own admission is extremely entitled.
Alright Edith , enough playa hate for one day. Let's all get along

Jobin pls :hand:
AG by his own admission is extremely entitled.

Ok. Not sure that that answers my question, though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Ok. Not sure that answers my question, though.

:mmm:
Jobin pls :hand:

Look Ellen just pipe down and be nice

I keep forgetting your name :frown:
:mmm:

love you :love:
Reply 32
We're = we are

Basically we are...

It's correct

And I have a first from Oxbridge

Dude, you wrote "were".

And there's nothing wrong with living off your parents' money. People often just prefer the idea of working for it yourself and actually having some ambition. I personally wouldn't be able to just stay at home and be provided for forever. It would be unsatisfying and honestly just unbearable, especially considering I want to do research and achieve things.

I think only @ForestShadow has meme replies this good.
Reply 34
Basically were quite rich. We own houses (here and in India), gold, moneyz. I'd say total value £2m+

And I don't like working. I like just living in my flat and going on TSR.

What is wrong if I want to cash in on my parents hard work. I'd just live off the interest.

Not that RICH imo
But nothing is wrong.. but would they end up giving u all of that bcus u dnt even live with them and jus go on TSR lol
Original post by Nadile
Dude, you wrote "were".

And there's nothing wrong with living off your parents' money. People often just prefer the idea of working for it yourself and actually having some ambition. I personally wouldn't be able to just stay at home and be provided for forever. It would be unsatisfying and honestly just unbearable, especially considering I want to do research and achieve things.

Ah ok that was just a typo then lol
Hmmm yes I agree. But I've done the whole education and work thing and now I'm bored. I'd rather just be a student doing something like an mba forms while -somewhere nice.
Reply 36
Ah ok that was just a typo then lol
Hmmm yes I agree. But I've done the whole education and work thing and now I'm bored. I'd rather just be a student doing something like an mba forms while -somewhere nice.

That's fair enough. Though lets be honest, there will always be someone bothered by your lifestyle and life choices no matter what they are. You could remake this thread about literally anything. So there is no point thinking about anyone else's opinion, just make sure your life suits you.
Yo yo yo, what is going on guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

tyvm i appreciate the compliment :h:
Original post by welcometoib
tyvm i appreciate the compliment :h:

:colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending