The Student Room Group

Lidl - transfer? How long?

Hey

Anyone who currently works at Lidl I'd like to know how long you need to work at the company (I'm full time, CSA if it helps) before you can transfer to another store/area?

And how do you go about it? Is there a website or do I just look at the internal vacancies they put up on the notice board?

And also is probation period 3 months or?

There's nothing wrong with my area/store or colleagues I just need to relocate for personal reasons.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you :smile:
Bump
Probation is 3 months, this is standard across most companies. Normally companies want 3-6 months before they allow you to transfer and even then its dependant on if the store has a space for you.

You would look at any internal vacancies, then speak to your manager who can contact that store and request a transfer then they'll tell you the steps
Original post by Jackieox
Probation is 3 months, this is standard across most companies. Normally companies want 3-6 months before they allow you to transfer and even then its dependant on if the store has a space for you.

You would look at any internal vacancies, then speak to your manager who can contact that store and request a transfer then they'll tell you the steps

Are you giving me a specific Lidl answer or is this generic?
Thank you regardless.
I am aware of normal probation periods just wanted to confirm :smile:
My last job required 6 months which I would think is similar.

I think I'll ask someone at work in a few more months just to be safe :smile:

Thanks again.
Probably gonna take a lidl long than expected.
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
Probably gonna take a lidl long than expected.

Ever so helpful! Thanks for your input.
Original post by MaseratiJay
Ever so helpful! Thanks for your input.

I can give you a lidl more help if you like :smile:
Don't believe proposal from Lidl for international transfer.
Cases are known where longtime Lidl employees have been drawn for half a year. An international transfer was applied for on the Lidl form according to the Lidl deadlines, reference is issued by branch manager. Two days (!) Before moving to another country, the area manager was informed that there was no transfer and she had the choice to either consider the transfer application as an employment contract termination and continue the employment relationship (in the original country).
At that time, the employee had dissolved the household, abandoned the apartment, sold the car, and the forwarding company had already transported its packaged goods to the country to which it had applied for the transfer. The flight was booked two days after receiving this information.
An absolutely untenable behavior of the Lidl employer: Country of origin: Great Britain, target country: Germany.
For this reason: don't believe proposals of international transfer by Lidl companies. This situation is by transfers from one country to an another, not for transfers in one country, These transfers were normaly working.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending