The Student Room Group

Presentation at a job interview

Hi,

I have made it through to the final round of interviews for a recruitment company and I have been asked to make a 10 minute presentation, giving an overview of recruitment, what i know about the company, why i want to work for them and why they should hire me. I am not allowed to use a powerpoint but they have suggested using handouts, however i am not sure what to put on the handout. Any help would be great.

thanks
Handouts is what you would have on the powerpoint really.

I prefer a handout from the start so i cna see whats being related to me. You might be able to hold their attention for the full ten minutes or you might not. make the presentation nased on the type of company you are applying to, so in this case you need confidence to pitch yourself and not be shy about it. Theyve already told you what they want. be enthusiastic, but make some good researched points.

Time it , practice, practice, practice. Try and throw a few things in that make it interesting and stand out rather than predictable. Imagine that if you were the employer what might you like to hear? Preparation will increase your chance of success ,especially if you arent a natural.
Reply 2
Original post by J-SP
I should have read the post more carefully.

10 minutes is not a lot of time. At best you will be able to put in three-four key messages in. Anything more than that and you will run out of time.

They are asking you to address four questions. That's only 2.5 minutes per question which really is not a lot of time at all.

I would therefore keep your presentation to the main message within these areas and then maybe have a more detailed handout with some additional points/or more thorough detail for them to take away.

If you do have a handout make sure it is fairly concise (no more than a page of A4), well structured and has no errors.

Also try to anticipate what questions they may ask you at the end, as I suspect they will ask you further questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks, i have answered all of the questions and timed myself and it is about 8 minutes which i think is long enough. but I still haven't made a hand out which they have suggested to do. I am just not sure what I need to put on it. I was thinking about putting some graphs on about the recruitment industry but surely they would know what is going on in the industry
Reply 3
Original post by danb93
thanks, i have answered all of the questions and timed myself and it is about 8 minutes which i think is long enough. but I still haven't made a hand out which they have suggested to do. I am just not sure what I need to put on it. I was thinking about putting some graphs on about the recruitment industry but surely they would know what is going on in the industry

Usually, i just print out the presentation slides as a handout. I've had three presentations at job interviews and this has never been a problem. It allows them to note any questions or look more closely at detail than simply viewing the presentation. One of the presentations I had, they didn't have a computer or screen ready, so my handouts were a Godsend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dont overestimate what attention people pay, so the handout should be well designed and have a clear message. As JSP suggests keep it short.
Know your content.
Establish eye contact.
Hand outs at the end, not the beginning, with your name on them.
Anticipate that they may not want you to do the presentation at the beginning.
And tell them something that they don't know, but only if you're certain that you're factually correct.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Hi friend!
Have you prepared any job interview presentations before? If no, this source will provide you with all necessary information, so you will be able to create a solid and attention grabbing powerpoint presentation - http://bestspeechhelp.com/ppt-presentations . Hope, it helped! Anyway, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending