Scroll to see replies

Original post by KINGYusuf
love u

I love me too tbh
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I love me too tbh

can I slide in those DMs baby girl
Original post by Butternuts96
That's certainly a perfectly valid question if islamophobes like yourself assumed that each and every one of these women were forced to wear these.
"There is no compulsion in religion" is a fundamental verse of the Quran that is widely neglected by islamophobes and extremists :smile:

Oh and btw you can still find both covered and uncovered women in all "islamic" countries so the pictures of individual groups of women mean nothing. You can take pictures of both groups of women in any period of time and decide which one you want to use for your propaganda and how you wanna spin it.

Spoiler

Genuine question here, although there is a Quran verse which says there's no compulsion in religion, why are their rules saying anyone who leaves Islam should be killed and have their children taken away from them?
can I slide in those DMs baby girl

I'm a lesbian so no sorry.

I can wear a wig
I can wear a wig

Nope I'm good.

loool but nah honestly I respect your choice
Original post by Josb
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Islam also went to the Moon and invented the Internet.

The Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) banned racism. During his last sermon he said the following:

“There is no superiority for an Arab over a non-Arab, nor for a non-Arab over an Arab. Neither is the white superior over the black, nor is the black superior over the white except by piety."

On women he said:

"He is the most perfect Muslim whose
disposition is best; and the best of you are they who behave best to
their wives."

As with all Human beings, there are good and bad people. There are a lot of bad Muslims out there whilst at the same time there are plenty of good ones too.

Don't judge a whole religion on the actions of an evil group people who falsely claim to be practising Islam.
If he's going to defend Islam, by all means. But all he's done is resorted to insults which frankly, is immature and childish.

I started off by mentioning that Islam does advise women to cover up, the other guy made it a messy palava out of it.

And no, I won't go sweetheart. Please don't tell me what to do. This thread is related to Islam and I'm doing nothing wrong by criticising the faith.

Well, my apologies if one of my 'brothers' insulted you. And for me being so rash as well, haven't read all the way back. But still I meant what I said, I am open for discussion, but eveytime the same people use the same arguments to criticise Islam, which have been disproven a lot of times.
Original post by Serine Soul
a) You must be kidding right? Women can barely go out without a man in some Muslim countries. I doubt there's systems to 'work at home'

Yet even in Saudi Arabia, where I presume you have taken your example from, women do work.

b) No we can't. But assuming they're at a similar level of education, their wages are likely to be very similar

A lot of assumptions, without even taking into account the different experiences or the level of progression or the career ambitions.

c) I agree with childcare, but the general maintenance of the house remains the same?

How would it? You no longer have someone cooking and cleaning "for free" and grocery costs will start to increase as there is perhaps not enough time to make a traditional meal, and travel costs will inevitably go up along with a whole host of other things.

The push towards women working is simply another way to monetise the cost of the housewife role. I suspect that if someone was to add up the cost of being a housewife and childcare, it would amount to a full time salary role and then some.

But people like you would rather stigmatise them instead of appreciating them for what they do.

d) Oh okay. You keep believing that. More income into a household does lead to a better quality of life, better health, less malnutrition etc.

Actually, when you truly add it up, it probably doesn't. The parents are constantly stressed out from having to cover costs for the childcare and general upkeep and the children probably see less of their parents which causes resentment and feelings of detachment, which may descend into unruly and rebellious behaviour and if parents try to bribe their children with monetary payments to "be on their side", then that is further expense incurred.

And as I keep telling you, income is irrelevant. What is important are expenses, a factor that everyone is able to control.

Keep digging

I'm not the one making ridiculous statements.
loool but nah honestly I respect your choice

Ermm thanks :I
Ermm thanks :I

why'd you break my heart
why'd you break my heart

Because I like girls..
Original post by Youngmetro
Yes it does. It's called culture and tradition.

No one is going to forget their culture and tradition of their ancestors for the sake of the modern world. How you see the modern world is totally subjective.

brb burning someone for being a witch. Y'know, because our ancestors did it.
Yes there is. I wear ethnic clothing from time to time and it doesn't require covering up to such an extent. Traditional Afghan clothing doesn't involve head to toe covers either. It's very similar to Indian/Pakistani clothing

This is getting silly. The head to toe niqab is tradition.

Okay if someone says to you 'right mate, we're gonna shove this paper bag over your head so no one can see your face in public. God says for men to be modest and this is how you be modest. Women don't have to wear it though'.How would you feel?

I would choose not to wear it as I have the choice.

I still dont see how wearing traditional clothing makes you a second class citizen
[QUOTE=MrsSheldonCooper;64360557]Islamophobia does involve the criticism of Islam though.

That's not my point. Read the last paragraph of my previous reply to you.
Reply 236
Original post by Happy97
The Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) banned racism. During his last sermon he said the following:

“There is no superiority for an Arab over a non-Arab, nor for a non-Arab over an Arab. Neither is the white superior over the black, nor is the black superior over the white except by piety."

This statement is only for Muslims. Non-Muslims of other races could be enslaved and mass-murdered without a problem. That's what Arabs did to them.

Original post by Happy97
On women he said:

"He is the most perfect Muslim whose
disposition is best; and the best of you are they who behave best to
their wives."

"Behaving best to their wives" is extremely vague and I wouldn't call that "women's rights".

Original post by Happy97
As with all Human beings, there are good and bad people. There are a lot of bad Muslims out there whilst at the same time there are plenty of good ones too.

Don't judge a whole religion on the actions of an evil group people who falsely claim to be practising Islam.

Ah, the "not true Muslim fallacy".
Original post by MildredMalone
brb burning someone for being a witch. Y'know, because our ancestors did it.

Don't take it out of context. Read what i was replying to and try again.
Original post by Metalfros
eveytime the same people use the same arguments to criticise Islam, which have been disproven a lot of times.

It's been disproven but then they dont reply to it and start the whole argument on TSR again on another thread.
[QUOTE=MrsSheldonCooper;64362027]Genuine question here, although there is a Quran verse which says there's no compulsion in religion, why are their rules saying anyone who leaves Islam should be killed and have their children taken away from them?

Noone can be forced into the religion and noone can be forced to do religious deeds and actions and whatnot. Once you're in the religion, if you've decided you leave, then there's a rule that you should be executed. This rule only applies if in an islamic country. Not in a non islamic one. Also, in an islamic country, only the official executioner can do it. Reasoning? Neither God nor Muhammed (peace and prayers upon him) explained the reasoning behind this although some scholars have provided their interpretation of what they think the reason is.

Any islamic queries just check IslamQA. Type in the keywords and you'll find professional answers to all your questions WITH evidences and logical explanations and the like; it's the go-to site for muslims and non-muslims with questions

Latest