The Student Room Group

Norway is being Culturally Enriched

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BubbleBoobies
when white people come over to other lands for their resources, it's labelled "colonialism". when non-white people do this, it's called "cultural enrichment"
can I say that?

This really isn't a fair contrast, when the British Empire colonized India for example they built railroads, brought in standardized education, brought in common law and united a divided region. It's one of only 2 liberal democracies in the region precisely because of what the 'whites' done, I could go on.

One of my favorite quotes was from a British colonial in India, when the Indian natives wanted to burn a woman alive at the funeral of her dead husband.

They said, "this is part of our culture" to which the British military person in charge replied;

"You can practice you culture if you like, and, we will practice ours. So when you burn that woman, we will hang you for it".

When they colonized parts of Africa they ended famine, surprising that they could do such a thing from the get go.

Likewise when Africans and Arabs came here, they did not bring anything like I mentioned above, unprecedented crime waves, terrorism, FGM, calls for a theocracy to be brought in, rap music........ again I could go on.
(edited 7 years ago)
Get out the pitchforks and torches!
Reply 22
when white people come over to other lands for their resources, it's labelled "colonialism". when non-white people do this, it's called "cultural enrichment"
can I say that?

You can say that if you wanna come across as totally thick. When white people invade another country with an army, install their own regime in that country, turn the native population into slaves, rape the earth for resources, keep the natives in line with torture and terror, and bring that country under the dominion of an empire, then yeah that's colonialism. As far as I'm aware, that's not really the same thing as what immigrants and refugees are doing.
Reply 23
Original post by G8D
Perhaps that's the problem.

Yeah, I know. White people are actually so cool and amazing, it's just incredible. They're literally never violent. I've never seen a single white person do anything violent. It's pretty amazing when you think about it.
Reply 24
Original post by Omen96
I don't understand? The lefties told me all the migrants were women and children of which 100% of them were scientists, engineers and architects. The lefties also told me all the migrants were peaceful, tolerant and part of a beautiful religion. Why do videos tell me one thing and lefties say another, I'm so ******** confused!

I think you missed the bit you turned Libya and Iraq into failed states
Reply 25
Original post by jon2016
I think you missed the bit you turned Libya and Iraq into failed states

I didn't vote for Blair and neither did my family, how about you though?
Reply 26
Original post by G8D
I appreciate that you're attempting to be sarcastic but when you actually consider the most civilised Western nations in the world it is the foreign peoples/cultures within those nation who are disproportionately violent, criminal, barbaric etc.

Whether white people are also violent is a matter of irrelevance when you factor in the proportions of such activities.

Right. So was it the foreign peoples and cultures of civilised Western nations that invaded and destroyed Iraq (a country of 26 million people), erected a worldwide torture regime and imprisoned people without charge or trial in an offshore torture camp called Guantanamo, are currently occupying the West Bank, have military bases all over the world and send drones to foreign countries to kill their innocent men, women and children?
Original post by irfan98
You can say that if you wanna come across as totally thick. When white people invade another country with an army, install their own regime in that country, turn the native population into slaves, rape the earth for resources, keep the natives in line with torture and terror, and bring that country under the dominion of an empire, then yeah that's colonialism. As far as I'm aware, that's not really the same thing as what immigrants and refugees are doing.

it was a metaphor
Reply 28
Original post by G8D
I appreciate that you're attempting to be sarcastic but when you actually consider the most civilised Western nations in the world it is the foreign peoples/cultures within those nation who are disproportionately violent, criminal, barbaric etc.

Whether white people are also violent is a matter of irrelevance when you factor in the proportions of such activities.

USA is not more civilized than even some third world countries I disagree with what you're saying
Reply 29
it was a metaphor

Wow, what a sophisticated and intelligent metaphor
Original post by irfan98
Wow, what a sophisticated and intelligent metaphor

Reply 31

Your arguments just keep getting more and more sophisticated and intelligent...
Original post by irfan98
Your arguments just keep getting more and more sophisticated and intelligent...

Reply 33

Keep going...
Original post by irfan98
Keep going...

Reply 35

Nice.
Original post by irfan98
Nice.

Reply 37

lol impressive
can I say that?

Of course you can't say that. You're white.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Of course you can't say that. You're white.

am I? I thought I was a little black girl

Quick Reply

Latest