The Student Room Group

I want to take GCSE spanish but what are the benefits of taking a language?

I am good at Spanish and said to do very well equivalent of A* but how helpful is GCSE spanish?

Thanks xx
Original post by AyeshaKhan
I am good at Spanish and said to do very well equivalent of A* but how helpful is GCSE spanish?

Thanks xx

I studied it and once at a university interview the interviewer commented how impressive it was that i have 3 different languages at gcse, so i recon languages can be quite helpful.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I studied it and once at a university interview the interviewer commented how impressive it was that i have 3 different languages at gcse, so i recon languages can be quite helpful.

thanks i am doing 4 languages
Original post by AyeshaKhan
thanks i am doing 4 languages

Now that is impressive :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
Now that is impressive :smile:

thnx i am really nervous
Spanish is a beautiful language. Loved it at GCSE, and unis love languages. Go for it!
Reply 6
Original post by RueXO
Spanish is a beautiful language. Loved it at GCSE, and unis love languages. Go for it!

thnx xx
I study languages at university (French and Spanish) and love it. GCSE won't really get you to a decent level, especially if you don't go abroad to speak it. However, if you choose to do language at A-Level, you definitely come out with a good level that makes it possible to have actual conversations, not something you've just rehearsed.

Languages are so fab though - not only can you talk to so many more people, but you can access a whole new range of music, literature, film, thought, history, culture...
Reply 8
Original post by Paralove
I study languages at university (French and Spanish) and love it. GCSE won't really get you to a decent level, especially if you don't go abroad to speak it. However, if you choose to do language at A-Level, you definitely come out with a good level that makes it possible to have actual conversations, not something you've just rehearsed.

Languages are so fab though - not only can you talk to so many more people, but you can access a whole new range of music, literature, film, thought, history, culture...

thanks that is v helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest