The Student Room Group

A level art

Hey everyone,Recently i was asked from one of my mates if he could submit my A level art work that i did last year at As for his As Art. His topic fits in well with my As work. I am naturally not a really concerned person because if it will help someone else then why not? His exam board is different but i am still a little worried. Can someone please tell me the consequences, how they can possibly know it was my art work and not his and what if he changes it slightly? Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by ben&richard
Hey everyone,Recently i was asked from one of my mates if he could submit my A level art work that i did last year at As for his As Art. His topic fits in well with my As work. I am naturally not a really concerned person because if it will help someone else then why not? His exam board is different but i am still a little worried. Can someone please tell me the consequences, how they can possibly know it was my art work and not his and what if he changes it slightly? Thank you.

You shouldn't do that, but to answer your question: his Art teacher should be familiar with his style, so they can identify if a work was done by them. If its really similar to his abilities and style then you can get away with it. The consequences also depends on how leniant your Art teacher can be, if they discover that it isn't their work before submitting their coursework then he will be let off, but if afterwards then he could face getting disqualified for his coursework.
Original post by kkboyk
You shouldn't do that, but to answer your question: his Art teacher should be familiar with his style, so they can identify if a work was done by them. If its really similar to his abilities and style then you can get away with it. The consequences also depends on how leniant your Art teacher can be, if they discover that it isn't their work before submitting their coursework then he will be let off, but if afterwards then he could face getting disqualified for his coursework.

And how about the moderator? How would he possibly know?
Reply 3
And how about the moderator? How would he possibly know?

The moderator will look through all your work. If they see that there's been a sudden change then they would know that it's not your work. Other than that, it's pretty hard to tell unless you are very familiar with the person's work.
Original post by kkboyk

And how about me? Can I just say i gifted my As work to him and I wasn't aware of what he did with it?
Reply 5
And how about me? Can I just say i gifted my As work to him and I wasn't aware of what he did with it?

Nothing will happen to you. Anyways, just tell him not to blow it up, and produce just a few pieces similar just in case.

Edit: I'm guessing that he's already submitted it right? If so, then you can't do much, but as long its not too different from your friend's style it should be okay (providing that he's art teacher isn't really really sharp that is).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kkboyk
Nothing will happen to you. Anyways, just tell him not to blow it up, and produce just a few pieces similar just in case.

Edit: I'm guessing that he's already submitted it right? If so, then you can't do much, but as long its not too different from your friend's style it should be okay (providing that he's art teacher isn't really really sharp that is).

He had to get an extension since he was too busy studying for his other exams, so his deadline is mid May. Also the teacher is dim and useless, I have met her on a couple of occasions and I am still confused on how she even got the job haha. Anyways, thank you very much.

Quick Reply

Latest