The Student Room Group

Kc

What do i do any help welcome no idea what i'm doing. The teacher went from writing things correctly using the KcK_c formula to this so i have 100& no idea what's happening but i can guess.

Original post by thefatone
What do i do any help welcome no idea what i'm doing. The teacher went from writing things correctly using the KcK_c formula to this so i have 100& no idea what's happening but i can guess.

Do you know how to create the equation of Kc.
Kc=[products]^a/[reactants]^b

Where [.....] means concentration.
And where each of the reactants and products is raised to the power of the number of moles of them. So in your first example to the power 1 so can be ignored.

Also for the equilibrium moles of ethyl ethanoate and H20, Consider what must have happened for the moles of ethanoic acid and ethanol to increase.
Reply 2
Original post by SamuelN98
Do you know how to create the equation of Kc.
Kc=[products]^a/[reactants]^b

Where [.....] means concentration.
And where each of the reactants and products is raised to the power of the number of moles of them. So in your first example to the power 1 so can be ignored.

Also for the equilibrium moles of ethyl ethanoate and H20, Consider what must have happened for the moles of ethanoic acid and ethanol to increase.

Obviously reduce to bring it to equilibrium but reduce to what?
are the number of moles within a closed system the same?
or do they change?

without knowing the answer to whether the number of moles stays the same i can't work out the number f moles at equilibrium
Obviously reduce to bring it to equilibrium but reduce to what?
are the number of moles within a closed system the same?
or do they change?

without knowing the answer to whether the number of moles stays the same i can't work out the number f moles at equilibrium

You can use the ratio of moles to work out the number of moles of each thing at equilibrium. Eg if I had 2A +3B <-----> C then if 2 moles of A have reacted than i have one mole of C
Reply 4
Original post by samb1234
You can use the ratio of moles to work out the number of moles of each thing at equilibrium. Eg if I had 2A +3B <-----> C then if 2 moles of A have reacted than i have one mole of C

so everything's just 0.300 moles then in the middle column?
so everything's just 0.300 moles then in the middle column?

No. 0.3moles have reacted, so how much do we have left
Reply 6
No. 0.3moles have reacted, so how much do we have left

0.2?
0.2?

Sorry was working. If we started with 1 mole and 0.3mole react than we have 1-0.3=0.7 moles at equilibrium
Reply 8
Sorry was working. If we started with 1 mole and 0.3mole react than we have 1-0.3=0.7 moles at equilibrium

which box does this go in?
which box does this go in?

the equilibrium moles of ethyl ethanoate and water
Reply 10
the equilibrium moles of ethyl ethanoate and water

ok so is the conc. column below it's the same? 0.7/v like they've done?
ok so is the conc. column below it's the same? 0.7/v like they've done?

yep

Quick Reply

Latest