Scroll to see replies

Death Note or fullmetal alchemist.
Original post by thefatone
hmmm highschool dxd?

Spoiler

Ecchi?
Original post by homeland.lsw
Ecchi?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hehehe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

this is classed as ecchi

Original post by thefatone
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hehehe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

this is classed as ecchi

i see...
Ecchi?

Basically overly sexual but not nudity. So big boobs and upskirts etc. Ecchi tend to have the sexual stuff as major parts of the story (don't expect a deep story).
i see...

there's only more .... you probably don't want to watch this sorta stuff like you mentioned in your first post..
I started with FMA and think it would be an excellent choice.
Alternatively you could start off with Ghibli, which are films.
I don't really watch anime but i have seen attack on titan and berserk. I think they were awesome and worth the time watching.
Start with Dragons Ball and then probably watch Naruto next. That's what I did.
Start with Death Note, obviously. If you like it, move on to Code Geass.
:dontknow:
tbh i wouldn't start with tokyo ghoul as it's overrated (imo)... i would go for something more lighthearted like sao (YES i know its kinda bullcrap but there is NOBODY who didnt have a single feel about it), or blue exorcist or something. The first one i watched (also the first manga i read) was death note.

LPT - dont watch highschool dxd unless you're completely comfortable with 4chan content

edit: attack on titan is also pretty incredible
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 32
I tend to read manga, but my first anime was Code Geass (Two seasons, 50 episodes total) followed by Death Note. (2 seasons, 37 episodes total) Both are good but there are supernatural elements (which are difficult to avoid in shonen anime especially). Both feature genius antihero protagonists, which can be fun as it results in mind games rather than drawn out fight scenes with idiot protagonists (which most shonen protagonists are, despite being fun to watch).

A lot of the popular shonens (One Piece, Bleach etc.) are still ongoing and span hundreds of episodes, so you might want to start with a shorter series. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood has 64 episodes so could be a good starting point. Attack on Titan would be good for horror but is also an ongoing series (most are).

If you're interested in Tokyo Ghoul at all, I strongly recommend that you read the manga. The anime deviates from the original story and most people that have read/watched both will recommend the manga (which is still ongoing in a sequel + probably one of the most exciting to read right now). There are several websites that let you read manga free online, although 6 volumes of Tokyo Ghoul are available to buy in English so far.

For funny anime with no magic, you might like something like Barakamon (12 episodes).

Assassination Classroom can also be quite fun, and doesn't use "magic" although the premise isn't hugely realistic. It's currently on it's second season, although the manga ended very recently.

Do you have any specific genre preferences other than scary/funny? Anime is a whole medium after all :h:
As ever, I'd second anything from Aiko's Beginner's Guide to Anime thread. :yes: Recommendations (sorted by genre) are at the bottom.

Also, shameless TSR Anime Society plug. :blow:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by zoolita
tbh i wouldn't start with tokyo ghoul as it's overrated (imo)... i would go for something more lighthearted like sao (YES i know its kinda bullcrap but there is NOBODY who didnt have a single feel about it), or blue exorcist or something. The first one i watched (also the first manga i read) was death note.

LPT - dont watch highschool dxd unless you're completely comfortable with 4chan content

edit: attack on titan is also pretty incredible

Didn't have any feels for SAO at all. Hated most of the characters and the ones I didn't who died, their deaths were ruined by atrocious plot pacing.
Reply 35
Death Note

One Piece (700+ eps)

FMA Brotherhood

Attack On titan (Must watch)

Sword Art Online

Gangsta

Hunter X Hunter 2011

One Punch Man (Short series and very enjoyable)
It was only a matter of time before I jumped on the bandwagon of Anime, and what better place to start than here :smile:

So, I haven't seen an anime show before in my life, not even Pokeman or the really hyped mainstream ones...anyway...

I want to see what the fuss is about, seeing as everyone (or the majority of my friends at school) is always talking about it. What anime would you suggest I watch as a beginner. I am completely new to this world so I would appreciate some help :redface:

I'm looking for something scare, or funny. I am NOT interested in anything involving magic or weird pokeman related animal things...:dontknow: Someone suggested Tokyo Ghoul, but one of my friends said that I shouldn't start with that.

Spoiler

Defo naruto. I started with pokemon (if its actually an anime) then i watched dragonball. Start with naruto ull love it.:biggrin:
Reply 37
Does anyone here live in liverpool or stay in liverpool for university?
I'm trying to make friends who have similar interests as me and anime is a big one. :smile:
Reply 38
I would suggest you to watch Naruto or Shaman King.
Naruto is quite popular and it is easy to watch. There are always exciting twists of plot and there is always enough of drama and humor. You will love it!
The next one will consume you! It has brilliant plot and all the characters are interesting to watch. It is one of my favorite Anime. So you should check it out.
Start with death note. You won't regret the decision.

Quick Reply

Latest