The Student Room Group

I have an exam tomorrow I'll probably fail. AMA.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SophieSmall
As the title suggests. :frown:

How are you going to fail? In style?
Original post by ForestShadow
What subject?:s-smilie:

Be optimistic and realistic:biggrin:, if you log off TSR RIGHT NOW could you MAKE HISTORY AND get a PASS GRADE TMR????:cookie:

(like a C or whatever depending on exam)??

IF SO GET OFF TSR AND STUDY SOPHIE!!!:biggrin:

wait the word "probably" suggests you can still do it, study god damn, sacrifice today and grind it out:dumbells: for a better future!

I swear, you're the most uplifting person on this forum :gah:.
Can I steal you and just have you cheer me up whenever I fail in life (i.e. 99% of the time)?

I'll pay you in food.

Also OP, I defied the odds last year and I got a first for an exam that I prepared overnight. (I slept half of the day, as I had an exam earlier that day as well, so not even a full day to revise). I was lucky enough that I got the topics that I knew the best. I guess it depends on what subject you study, but it's better to prepare now as much as you can and worry/waste time after the exam.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ForestShadow
What subject?:s-smilie:

Be optimistic and realistic:biggrin:, if you log off TSR RIGHT NOW could you MAKE HISTORY AND get a PASS GRADE TMR????:cookie:

(like a C or whatever depending on exam)??

IF SO GET OFF TSR AND STUDY SOPHIE!!!:biggrin:

wait the word "probably" suggests you can still do it, study god damn, sacrifice today and grind it out:dumbells: for a better future!

Infection and Immunity, University exam.

Yeah. I've barely been on TSR or doing any other procrastination all day. I'm taking a break before I completely break down.

I've been studying hard but my brain is just all over the place.
Original post by KINGYusuf
What do you want us to do about it seduce the examiner naaah go revise fam

Been revising all day, I can have a break you know.
Original post by Defraction
What year and subject?

2nd year Bsc, infection and immunity.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Why do you feel like you will fail? :frown:

I'm just not retaining the information at all.

As soon as I leave it for 20/30 minutes the information is just gone I can't remember it. So after revising for hours when I go to a practise question I cannot answer it without going back and looking at my notes....an obviously can't have notes in an exam.
Original post by M14B
You must be at University
You are starting very early.

Yeah I'm at uni.

Why? When do other people usually start?
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Think positively Sophie
If you think you will fail you will fail
But if you go into the exam thinking you aim to put the info down you will do well
Dont think negatively/put yourself down

Oh this is an AMA
What exam is it on?

eh, I don't buy any of the positivity nonsense. You either know your stuff or you don't. No amount of smiling is going to make you remember the ins and outs of a subject. I'm being realistic.

Infection and immunity exam.
Yeah I'm at uni.

Why? When do other people usually start?

You can do this! :biggrin:

Mine don't start until 23rd May :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Infection and Immunity, University exam.

Damn biology stuff, yeah theres tons of hardcore remembering for that, all the processes and system, secondary responses and all that:colonhash:

Yeah. I've barely been on TSR or doing any other procrastination all day.

I've been studying hard but my brain is just all over the place.

Id say take a 1/2 or 1 hour break and then nail the exam tmr, I know you can do it!

Original post by mutantman52
bro its ok. if you die in the exam everyone else gets 100%
take one for the team

Haha, been discussing this with coursemates :tongue:
Original post by kkboyk

lel the 'style' just made me think
Original post by thefatone
i failed life

Me too.
Original post by cherryred90s
Why don't you revise now?

I have been revising, I'm taking a break. There is only so much revising you can do in one solid block before you just start zoning out.
Original post by 999tigger
Oh no :frown: .Try your best and pace it. GL anyway.

And get off TSR

Thanks, will try my best of course.

Eh, I'm taking a break. Revising is driving me up the wall.
Original post by homeland.lsw
The good thing is Sophie isn't replying, suggesting she's not on TSR, suggesting she's studying!! :party:

I have been revising all day.

But I wasn't replying because I went the shop to buy snacks and onions. :tongue:
Original post by kkboyk

Calmly :tongue:
I'm just not retaining the information at all.

As soon as I leave it for 20/30 minutes the information is just gone I can't remember it. So after revising for hours when I go to a practise question I cannot answer it without going back and looking at my notes....an obviously can't have notes in an exam.

why not start with doing a few questions open book, so at least you know what ought to go in there?

Ar this stage dont do full questions keep doing detailed essay plans.

Dont forget to eat proplery and get some rest. maybe a walk outside might clear a bit of stress?
Original post by LaMandarine
I swear, you're the most uplifting person on this forum :gah:.
Can I steal you and just have you cheer me up whenever I fail in life (i.e. 99% of the time)?

I'll pay you in food.

Also OP, I defied the odds last year and I got a first for an exam that I prepared overnight. (I slept half of the day, as I had an exam earlier that day as well, so not even a full day to revise). I was lucky enough that I got the topics that I knew the best. I guess it depends on what subject you study, but it's better to prepare now as much as you can and worry/waste time after the exam.

Eh, I definitely won't get a first in the exam. Simply not possible. There are 2 sections. One section I may be able to score highly in if the topics I am best at come up. But the second section...I'll be lucky if I can answer one of the essays at all let alone well. I'm just not retaining the information.

It also doesn't help to know that most people failed the exam last year...so yeah.
Original post by Changing Skies
You can do this! :biggrin:

Mine don't start until 23rd May :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jealous :tongue:

also that's my sisters birthday.

I have one on my birthday. :'(

Quick Reply

Latest