The Student Room Group

I have an exam tomorrow I'll probably fail. AMA.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieSmall
I have been revising all day.

But I wasn't replying because I went the shop to buy snacks and onions. :tongue:

Ok. Well you're a bright lass, you can do anything as long as you set your mind to it. You will only fail if you think that. Now come on and make us proud woman!
Original post by ForestShadow
Damn biology stuff, yeah theres tons of hardcore remembering for that, all the processes and system, secondary responses and all that:colonhash:

Id say take a 1/2 or 1 hour break and then nail the exam tmr, I know you can do it!

Yeah it's just the sheer volume of information I have to just remember. Understanding the topics (for the most part) is not a problem, it's remembering all of the information. It's just too much.

Lol, thanks.
Eh, I definitely won't get a first in the exam. Simply not possible. There are 2 sections. One section I may be able to score highly in if the topics I am best at come up. But the second section...I'll be lucky if I can answer one of the essays at all let alone well. I'm just not retaining the information.

It also doesn't help to know that most people failed the exam last year...so yeah.

I had a politics exam, and literally two hours before the exam I found a piece of news (it was about Russia's vetoes in the UN) that nobody else used, and my lecturer was impressed. The average for that exam was 57, so 2:2, so I genuinely defied the odds :lol:. Like I said, depends on the subject (don't know what you're studying). But the surest way to get more than you would get if you took the exam right now is to study right now until tomorrow!
Original post by homeland.lsw
Ok. Well you're a bright lass, you can do anything as long as you set your mind to it. You will only fail if you think that. Now come on and make us proud woman!

That's nonsense.

You can try really hard in something and still fail.

You either know the answer or you don;t, having a smile on your face and "believing in yourself" doesn't change that.

I've never understood or prescribed to that philosophy. And it would be pretty impossible to change my outlook of life and personality over night.

Appreciate the kind words, but I just don't see it.
Original post by LaMandarine
I swear, you're the most uplifting person on this forum :gah:.

Can I steal you

and just have you cheer me up whenever I fail in life (i.e. 99% of the time)?

Haha feel free to VM anytimes :wink:

99% is wayyyyy to high, maybe 9.9%? youre talking to me right now and its a success:tongue:

Jealous :tongue:

also that's my sisters birthday.

I have one on my birthday. :'(

I'm assuming you'll finish much earlier than me though? (31st May)

Haha, it's also my mum's birthday! :tongue:

Aw when is that? :frown:
That's nonsense.

You can try really hard in something and still fail.

You either know the answer or you don;t, having a smile on your face and "believing in yourself" doesn't change that.

I've never understood or prescribed to that philosophy. And it would be pretty impossible to change my outlook of life and personality over night.

Appreciate the kind words, but I just don't see it.

:getmecoat:
At least be motivated a bit more :redface:

Spoiler

I had a politics exam, and literally two hours before the exam I found a piece of news (it was about Russia's vetoes in the UN) that nobody else used, and my lecturer was impressed. The average for that exam was 57, so 2:2, so I genuinely defied the odds :lol:. Like I said, depends on the subject (don't know what you're studying). But the surest way to get more than you would get if you took the exam right now is to study right now until tomorrow!

Haha, nice timing :tongue:

It's an infection and immunity exam. :frown: just swathes of information you have to know and remember.
Original post by Changing Skies
I'm assuming you'll finish much earlier than me though? (31st May)

Haha, it's also my mum's birthday! :tongue:

Aw when is that? :frown:

My final exam in on May 9th but my unis exam period runs til May 20th.

No way :tongue:

29th of April
:getmecoat:
At least be motivated a bit more :redface:

Spoiler

ahah I can't really force motivation.

I am trying. But I am also undoubtedly failing, whether you choose to believe me or not.

Last year most people failed this exam. It's not just me in this situation or feeling like they will fail...most people do. And I'm not even remotely top of the class. It would be illogical for me to think I will defy the odds, I'm being realistic.
Reply 50
Calmly :tongue:

So when are you going to reach your 'panic' mode?

Original post by ForestShadow
lel the 'style' just made me think

You're confusing style with swag
ahah I can't really force motivation.

I am trying. But I am also undoubtedly failing, whether you choose to believe me or not.

Last year most people failed this exam. It's not just me in this situation or feeling like they will fail...most people do. And I'm not even remotely top of the class. It would be illogical for me to think I will defy the odds, I'm being realistic.

There's always next time :dontknow:

I'm sorry...

Well since it's an AMA, what is the Capital of Laos?
Haha, been discussing this with coursemates :tongue:

i am your coursemate. remember? we met at that thing
Original post by kkboyk
So when are you going to reach your 'panic' mode?

You're confusing style with swag

I don't think I will panic. Probably because thankfully I've already passed the module because I scored very highly on the assignment and the lab assessment. But I am probably going to be quite upset in the exam/ coming out of the exam knowing I won't get a good overall grade this year.
I have been revising, I'm taking a break. There is only so much revising you can do in one solid block before you just start zoning out.

How long is this break you speak of?
There's always next time :dontknow:

I'm sorry...

Well since it's an AMA, what is the Capital of Laos?

erm....not a clue. I'll be honest, don't even know where that is.
Original post by mutantman52
i am your coursemate. remember? we met at that thing

Nah, get out imposter.
Original post by cherryred90s
How long is this break you speak of?

Been about an hour. But baring in mind I've been revising since 8am for the most part.
erm....not a clue. I'll be honest, don't even know where that is.

lol neither to I :tongue:
Reply 59
I don't think I will panic. Probably because thankfully I've already passed the module because I scored very highly on the assignment and the lab assessment. But I am probably going to be quite upset in the exam/ coming out of the exam knowing I won't get a good overall grade this year.

If I remember correctly, you are doing Nat Sci right? How did you survive doing lab assessment (anything related to labs are my weakness)?

Quick Reply

Latest