The Student Room Group

Redox help

The whole topic of redox confuses me, I've gone over it and I've almost mastered oxidation states but half equations and redox equations just baffle me, its the area I'm struggling with most.Any recommendations of online resources, websites, videos ect. I can use to get my head around them?
Reply 1
Original post by marmbite
The whole topic of redox confuses me, I've gone over it and I've almost mastered oxidation states but half equations and redox equations just baffle me, its the area I'm struggling with most.Any recommendations of online resources, websites, videos ect. I can use to get my head around them?

What are you exactly struggling on? Is it balancing or the transfer of electrons?

You're in luck friend. This YouTube channel runs through the whole OCR chemistry A-level course and is just generally super. Obviously if you use a different exam board there's no need to fret as the videos still explain everything concisely and the chemistry is still the same. The question format just might be slightly different.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MaChemGuy/playlists
(edited 8 years ago)

F325 Transition Elements and Energy playlists have some stuff on the redox equations/titrations/fuel cells
Reply 4
Original post by K3001N
What are you exactly struggling on? Is it balancing or the transfer of electrons?

Both

Quick Reply

Latest