The Student Room Group

I inherit a 450,00 house when I turn 21 ama

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by VeniViciVidi
You don't strike me as the journalist-type. I don't think you'd be able to cut it.

m8 I am all about da journalism ting, dun kno fam
Original post by jon2016
m8 I am all about da journalism ting, dun kno fam

I think you'd burn out quickly. No will power, no need for will power. Best of luck, though.
Reply 82
I think you'd burn out quickly. No will power, no need for will power. Best of luck, though.

You make it sound like a coal mine. Its tough but not as hard or physically demanding or mentally draining like a 100 % commision job

The reason I didnt want the responsibility of being a landlord is because of the various legal responsibilities you have in terms of gas tests etc

Would much prefer to invest money in stock market even if its more risky that appeals to me more
Original post by jon2016
You make it sound like a coal mine. Its tough but not as hard or physically demanding or mentally draining like a 100 % commision job

The reason I didnt want the responsibility of being a landlord is because of the various legal responsibilities you have in terms of gas tests etc

Would much prefer to invest money in stock market even if its more risky that appeals to me more

It is one of the most saturated and competitive industries to go into. Those that go into it, and succeed, are those who pool everything into it. So saying you 'might' go into journalism is a reciepe of being chewed up and spat out as 9/10 around you will have more desire to suceed than yourself.

Might not be news you want to hear, but it is what it is.
Reply 84
It is one of the most saturated and competitive industries to go into. Those that go into it, and succeed, are those who pool everything into it. So saying you 'might' go into journalism is a reciepe of being chewed up and spat out as 9/10 around you will have more desire to suceed than yourself.

Might not be news you want to hear, but it is what it is.

nah plenty of more industries are Saturated, every industry is tough to get into . I want to work in Journalism , I have no ambition to be the CEO or best journalists in the world . Its a very realistic goal that I am capable of achieving.

Quick Reply

Latest