The Student Room Group

Is it worth looking at predictions?

Hi all, I know that you can't always rely on predictions but I was just wondering if it is worth looking at the predictions and doing heavy revision situated around these topics (obviously as well as the other topics) in case they do come up?
And have predictions helped anyone in the past?

Thanks!
Original post by strongcurrent
Hi all, I know that you can't always rely on predictions but I was just wondering if it is worth looking at the predictions and doing heavy revision situated around these topics (obviously as well as the other topics) in case they do come up?

Thanks!

It's playing with fire IMO, I don't the know the credibility of them. Best revise the complete course and focus on the topics you struggle with.
Original post by homeland.lsw
It's playing with fire IMO, I don't the know the credibility of them. Best revise the complete course and focus on the topics you struggle with.

Hmm yeah, that's what I've been told; perhaps that would be best.

Thanks!
Hmm yeah, that's what I've been told; perhaps that would be best.

Thanks!

By all means, do the papers though, it counts as revision :smile:
By all means, do the papers though, it counts as revision :smile:

I shall do! I am struggling to find good revision sites though, do you know any? :redface:
I shall do! I am struggling to find good revision sites though, do you know any? :redface:

Subjects + Examboards?

Thanks!

Honestly no. You can't control what is going to be in the paper, so worry about preparing properly for anything they could ask in the exam. The only way to know for sure what is going to be in the exam will be when you are in the exam itself, and the people predicting have no extra information you don't - they're just guessing too
Subjects + Examboards?

Mark's Gospel & Ethics- AQA

P1, P2, P3 - AQA
C1, C2, C3- AQA
B1, B2, B3- AQA

Drama- AQA

They're the main ones I would need sites for ^^
Original post by samb1234
Honestly no. You can't control what is going to be in the paper, so worry about preparing properly for anything they could ask in the exam. The only way to know for sure what is going to be in the exam will be when you are in the exam itself, and the people predicting have no extra information you don't - they're just guessing too

Thank you very much!

Thanks!

It might be worthwhile. Some topics are so common that you can expect them to come up, look at factorising in GCSE maths for example. I did manage to predict a few topics last year in my AS Computing exam, such as protocols, just by judging what had and had not come up in previous years.

Take predictions with a grain of salt however, as after all they are just predictions and are not guaranteed, even if some topics are likely to appear.
Original post by Dapperblook22
It might be worthwhile. Some topics are so common that you can expect them to come up, look at factorising in GCSE maths for example. I did manage to predict a few topics last year in my AS Computing exam, such as protocols, just by judging what had and had not come up in previous years.

Take predictions with a grain of salt however, as after all they are just predictions and are not guaranteed, even if some topics are likely to appear.

I know for EDEXCEL Mathematics, I've found a few prediction papers; are they worth going over?
I know for EDEXCEL Mathematics, I've found a few prediction papers; are they worth going over?

I'd say go over the actual papers from Edexcel themselves, and not the prediction papers, then you can identify your weaker topics overall to practice more and your stronger topics that you may not need to practice as much.
Mark's Gospel & Ethics- AQA

P1, P2, P3 - AQA
C1, C2, C3- AQA
B1, B2, B3- AQA

Drama- AQA

They're the main ones I would need sites for ^^

Ok...I made a triple science thread, I'll find a link send it to you and we can talk there ok?
I'd say go over the actual papers from Edexcel themselves, and not the prediction papers, then you can identify your weaker topics overall to practice more and your stronger topics that you may not need to practice as much.

Right, okay. I've done pretty much all the Edexcel papers as the Maths department at my school makes us do one every week :frown:

Is it still not worth going over them?
Ok...I made a triple science thread, I'll find a link send it to you and we can talk there ok?

Alright, thanks!
Right, okay. I've done pretty much all the Edexcel papers as the Maths department at my school makes us do one every week :frown:

Is it still not worth going over them?

haha, my school made us do that too :tongue:, in that case it might be worthwhile to give yourself more questions to practice. Otherwise practice papers from the textbook or questions from the textbook might be good to work through. You could also repeat papers which were tougher so you are more prepared for a harder exam.
haha, my school made us do that too :tongue:, in that case it might be worthwhile to give yourself more questions to practice. Otherwise practice papers from the textbook or questions from the textbook might be good to work through. You could also repeat papers which were tougher so you are more prepared for a harder exam.

Sounds like an idea! Thank you! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest