The Student Room Group

What A-levels are best to take? - help!

Hi, I'm starting A-levels at college in september but I can't decide what courses to take. I'd ideally like to pursue acting as a career or go to a good university and study modern history or politics. I'm predicted all A's at GCSEs (but I'm doubtful I will get them), so I'd like to know whats the best combination to take for what I'd like to do, and my ability while it still being enjoyable courses.
I also have already completed my LAMDA exams up to grade 8 with distinctions in all of them, and I get UCAS points from those aswell, think around a grade B/C A-levels worth, as well as attending a theatre school 4 days a week

My current choice is:
Drama, Politics, History for A-level and Media for AS only
Other subjects I have considered are Film Studies, Sociology and English Lit.

Thanks for any help or advice, it would be greatly appreciated!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
why not choose film or media studies. currently studying it and I like it. But you should choose what you like.
Reply 2
Original post by sorailli
why not choose film or media studies. currently studying it and I like it. But you should choose what you like.

What would you say the difference between the two courses are?
Reply 3
Original post by rosiemoon_
What would you say the difference between the two courses are?

basically film is about film theories evtl. production
and media about media which inc.tv,newspaper,radio,internet etc.
If you are seriously looking into acting then I woukd say that Eng lit would be very beneficial. Other than that those options look great :smile:
The user above is right, I think you should do English Lit!! It will help I think with both drama as well as getting into a good uni as it is more well regarded than sociology if I am honest good luck. Also another essay subject looks good for history!! Good luck xx

Quick Reply

Latest