The Student Room Group

Who else got accepted to St Dominic's Sixth Form College?!?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Youngmetro
Tbh all that matters is the quality of teaching to me. Extra curricular isnt a deal breaker. I really hope i get to do the EPQ though.

They dont seem to be very big on discipline so im worried i would get carried away and slack

I feel you, in the end what matters most is the grade you walk out with. They definitely offer the EPQ
lol I just looked up the statistics and there are 300 more girls than boys...
Original post by vadermolt1
I feel you, in the end what matters most is the grade you walk out with. They definitely offer the EPQ
lol I just looked up the statistics and there are 300 more girls than boys...

Where did you get this stat from? And thats a big change for me, from all boys school to this. Cant say im not a little happy xDD
Original post by Youngmetro
Where did you get this stat from? And thats a big change for me, from all boys school to this. Cant say im not a little happy xDD

The information pack I got on the open day, it says 761 girls and 471 boys

So, uh, quite the change from the all boys school XD have fun!
The information pack I got on the open day, it says 761 girls and 471 boys

So, uh, quite the change from the all boys school XD have fun!

Wow lol

Could be different this year but who knows lol
Reply 24
I got in here too
It's near my sixthform and a few from highschool went there , not bad at all.
Original post by okey
I got in here too

What subjects are you taking?
Reply 27
What subjects are you taking?

bio, chem, physics and maths, you?
Original post by okey
bio, chem, physics and maths, you?

Economics, politics, maths and eng lit
Reply 29
Economics, politics, maths and eng lit

sounds like essays lol, are you catholic?
Original post by okey
sounds like essays lol, are you catholic?

Nah, muslim. Still got in though
Reply 31
Nah, muslim. Still got in though

ooh same
Hi
I wanted to know if I still have chances of getting in to st doms because today my friends got acceptance emails and I haven't received anything and it's late March...although I was invited to the seminar so I don't know.

I also heard from my friends that they expect you to pay £250 for governors fund and I want to know if anyone else had to pay it and is payed once or do I pay once for each year.

Thanks for any replys
hi omg i got in
Original post by cheekymonkey6440
Hi
I wanted to know if I still have chances of getting in to st doms because today my friends got acceptance emails and I haven't received anything and it's late March...although I was invited to the seminar so I don't know.

I also heard from my friends that they expect you to pay £250 for governors fund and I want to know if anyone else had to pay it and is payed once or do I pay once for each year.

Thanks for any replys

Did you end up getting in?
Reply 35
APRIL 2020....Hi has anyone got offer from doms. ? Ta
I haven't, do you know anyone that has?
Reply 37
Original post by estelliar

No, I don’t know anyone..I just wondered as I thought they went out in 10th from previous contact with them. I thought the college would update their Facebook page or just insert a message indicating when offers will be sent! But they haven’t. Other colleges I’ve applied emailed and said they are delayed but will let us know by 20th
Original post by estelliar

Original post by Allboys
No, I don’t know anyone..I just wondered as I thought they went out in 10th from previous contact with them. I thought the college would update their Facebook page or just insert a message indicating when offers will be sent! But they haven’t. Other colleges I’ve applied emailed and said they are delayed but will let us know by 20th

I don’t think they’ve sent out any offers yet. Assuming that there’s been some delays due to the whole corona situation.

What subjects have you chosen and what’s your GPA (average grade)?
DON'T PAY THE GOVERNOR'S FUND GUYS - IT'S A SCAM. I was lucky and it was somehow refunded to me when I went, but the vast majority were unlucky. YOUR PLACE WILL NOT BE JEOPARDISED despite the funny wording of the email. The contribution is voluntary. I don't know if they send the email with that wording but if they do, DON'T PAY IT.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest