The Student Room Group

a lady with a baby

why are some guys not considering living with ladies who have kids from previous relationship?
Reply 1
Ready made family.
Perfect.
:biggrin:
Original post by zionpower
why are some guys not considering living with ladies who have kids from previous relationship?

Coz we're not ********s?
Reply 3
You can't help love. I imagine it wouldn't be a guy's first choice unless you have some weird fetish of raising another man's offspring...

But if that was the only issue and you loved her, then why not?

But yeah, really that's a woman's job...to have children with a man who sticks around, hence so many girls are picky about who they sleep with.

Because your picking up the pieces of their sloppy decisions/morality and you've gotta work more and give up more of your free time to sustain some **** trick that wasn't even yours. **** that for a lark get a bitch that works hard/had decent values init.
Reply 5
why if that lady is young and has only 1 kid
Reply 6
why if that lady is young and has only 1 kid

It's also very difficult if the father is known, as getting involved with this girl will mean you become part of a triangle for remainder of your life. He will always be there.

Your rights are extremely limited as you have no blood connection to the produce. You are basically emptied of your assets to raise the child, without having any security that this child will even love you as he/she grows up.

A child will cost roughly £100,000 to raise, 0-18 and there's a lot of uncertainty. When the child hits 9/10, he or she will either respect you as he or she begins to understand what happened or she will seek her blood father.

There are huge risks to say the least, but as I said in the above, when love gets in the way, risks are worth taking, at least you think they are :wink:
Reply 7
Possibly because the lady is attractive to them and justifies this investment and perhaps because they are at a life stage where they are ready to settle down with kids and maybe because they have kids themselves and know how difficult it is to be a single parent.
Reply 8
there is a real difference between men and women. Women really wouldn't care if a guy a child, right?
Reply 9
there is a real difference between men and women. Women really wouldn't care if a guy a child, right?

Not necessarily.

Just like in a woman, a man will also be in a triangle and will have some connection to someone who at least once meant a great deal to them.

She may not be comfortable with that.

A child symbolises attachment.
Original post by NetworkTahweed
Because your picking up the pieces of their sloppy decisions/morality and you've gotta work more and give up more of your free time to sustain some **** trick that wasn't even yours. **** that for a lark get a bitch that works hard/had decent values init.

Lol - now I see why you want a "clean virginal traditional girl in her 20's" :tongue:
Children with single mothers can often be a big handful to deal with. They behave badly and do all sorts of crazy things to get attention from their mothers. Not to mention that a woman's body is totally ****** up after having a child. If that's how you want to start a relationship with someone who is probably non-committal to you unless their child likes you, then I think any self-respecting man would avoid that kind of **** and go find himself a young woman without baggage. The last thing you want to do is raise someone else's child when there could even be an ex in the background giving you even more grief. Steer clear and do the rational thing - find a single woman and if you want kids, get her pregnant yourself.
Reply 12
On the upside if you're a bastard it's never been easier to abandon.
That's massive baggage and shows that either the woman is massively unlucky or has poor judgement.
I have a child. Never encountered any man who has been put off by it. All to do with emotional maturity in my opinion. :h:
Because right now, I do not want the financial responsibility that comes with having a kid. My career is just tenatively starting to go somewhere. I'm not judging single parents in the slightest, my parents split up when I was little, but I don't want nor can I afford that burden right now.
Original post by asif007
Children with single mothers can often be a big handful to deal with. They behave badly and do all sorts of crazy things to get attention from their mothers. Not to mention that a woman's body is totally ****** up after having a child. If that's how you want to start a relationship with someone who is probably non-committal to you unless their child likes you, then I think any self-respecting man would avoid that kind of **** and go find himself a young woman without baggage. The last thing you want to do is raise someone else's child when there could even be an ex in the background giving you even more grief. Steer clear and do the rational thing - find a single woman and if you want kids, get her pregnant yourself.

We've allowed this problem to mushroom out of control since the 60s and especially so under the Labour gov. Whats required now is a political party or some new movement to real tackle this and nip all the other sloppy immoral behaviours in the bud in order to get the nations youth in rude health again. South/Eastern Europe still retains a lot of the traditional elements that we used to and morality, education and family life are taken more seriously. We've gotta call time on Benefit Britain and the public vilification of young sluts, layabouts and no gooders couldn't come soon enough. Shame them and their families in the community.

In terms of baby mama drama, yes.

However, everyone is different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending