The Student Room Group

More Medic hopeful advice please.

I am freaking out currently as I am realising now that I'll probably never get into medical school. I have 1 A* 10 A's and B at GCSE (I screwed up I know), I am certain the best result I'm gonna get at the end of this year is AB ( only taking 2 as this year due to reformed subject situation etc.) and most unis now are asking for AAA at a level plus an A in the subject you drop at As. I have a fair bit of work experience already, I work for the red cross plus tons of other extra-curricular stufff. But I just have no hope, my screw up at the end of last year has ruined everything. I just dont know what to do. I'm trying of applying to my strengths but if I get AC or BB at the end of this year Ill never get in. I just dont know what to do :frown:
Original post by Boo_Ayres13
I am freaking out currently as I am realising now that I'll probably never get into medical school. I have 1 A* 10 A's and B at GCSE (I screwed up I know), I am certain the best result I'm gonna get at the end of this year is AB ( only taking 2 as this year due to reformed subject situation etc.) and most unis now are asking for AAA at a level plus an A in the subject you drop at As. I have a fair bit of work experience already, I work for the red cross plus tons of other extra-curricular stufff. But I just have no hope, my screw up at the end of last year has ruined everything. I just dont know what to do. I'm trying of applying to my strengths but if I get AC or BB at the end of this year Ill never get in. I just dont know what to do :frown:

At the end of last year you were doing 4 subjects, what happened? You need three a levels, even with the reforms.

Your gcses really aren't that bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by ForestCat
At the end of last year you were doing 4 subjects, what happened? You need three a levels, even with the reforms.

Your gcses really aren't that bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am still doing four, its just my school has decided to not do the AS exams in the sciences if you are taking the full A2 anyway. So im taking two separate As exams but next year I am taking 3 A2 exams.
Original post by Boo_Ayres13
I am still doing four, its just my school has decided to not do the AS exams in the sciences if you are taking the full A2 anyway. So im taking two separate As exams but next year I am taking 3 A2 exams.

As long as you're predicted AAA, you'll be fine.
As for your gcses, our advice hasn't changed. There will still be plenty of places you can apply, but it is ukcat/bmat dependant so we can't advise you further until then.

Now stop stressing and focus on your exams. Repeatedly fixating on 'will I get in' is just counter productive. Focus that energy on kicking ass in your exams and think about narrowing down your application in the summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending