The Student Room Group

If you knew no one would ever compare to your crush, would you give up on romance?

If you'd already messed up your chances with your one crush who you do truley think the world of and know you won't meet anyone as special a her ever again would you give up on romance and love and happiness?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Forumaddict
If you'd already messed up your chances with your one crush who you do truley think the world of and know you won't meet anyone as special a her ever again would you give up on romance and love and happiness?

No.
Reply 2
Original post by RiahDawson
No.

How do you even want to try again knowing that you can't ever have your special someone and that it is atleast partially your own fault. I really hate myself
No. You can have love with numerous people and it will never be the same as with the previous person, but it's still love.

No. If you give up then you will never win.

It is very naive to think that your current (extreme) infatuation is the only thing that you will feel.
How do you even want to try again knowing that you can't ever have your special someone and that it is atleast partially your own fault. I really hate myself

Because you'll meet someone even more special. Maybe not today but someday you will. If they really were the only one for you it would have worked out. You say "partially" so its not all your fault. They would have tried harder if it was meant to be.
You've met maybe 5000 people maximum. And there are almost 4 billion (if you're attracted to only one sex). Do you even statistics?
I swear to God if you don't shut up soon i'm going to track her down and bang her myself
Reply 8

You'll love again. Don't hate yourself. Someone will come along and make you forget that the other person existed.
Winners never quit!
You give up, youll never win!
Original post by EllainKahlo
No. You can have love with numerous people and it will never be the same as with the previous person, but it's still love.

It won't be as good with someone else, if I was with another girl is spend the whole time wishing it was her

Original post by SeanFM
No. If you give up then you will never win.

It is very naive to think that your current (extreme) infatuation is the only thing that you will feel.

I know I won't ever get such strong feelings again, I can't explain why but I know it, there's literally nothing about her id change so there's no way I could find someone better

Original post by RiahDawson
Because you'll meet someone even more special. Maybe not today but someday you will. If they really were the only one for you it would have worked out. You say "partially" so its not all your fault. They would have tried harder if it was meant to be.

It's only partially my fault because bad circumstance ruined some of the plans I had but I could have been less of a wimp and just got her number when we talked for the first time but I didn't because I was to shy

Original post by BristolFresher15
You've met maybe 5000 people maximum. And there are almost 4 billion (if you're attracted to only one sex). Do you even statistics?

She's so unique and special even if there were maybe 1 or 2 girls on the entire planet who could possibly compare to her I won't ever meet them. I guarantee I won't meet anyone else I like as much as her

Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
I swear to God if you don't shut up soon i'm going to track her down and bang her myself

Dumb comment

Original post by twhiddy
You'll love again. Don't hate yourself. Someone will come along and make you forget that the other person existed.

How can I not hate myself? I ruined my own happiness. I just wish I could be with her for even 1 day even just 1 intimate miment ,1 single kiss or hand hold. No one can replace her in my heart, if I go another gf I would just be wishing it was her instead
Original post by FireFreezer77
Winners never quit!
You give up, youll never win!

I already lost

You only think that because you're still reeling from whatever happened. Trust me, she isn't that unique. If you already messed it up to the point where its irredeemable, just let it go.
It won't be as good with someone else, if I was with another girl is spend the whole time wishing it was her

I know I won't ever get such strong feelings again, I can't explain why but I know it, there's literally nothing about her id change so there's no way I could find someone better

It's only partially my fault because bad circumstance ruined some of the plans I had but I could have been less of a wimp and just got her number when we talked for the first time but I didn't because I was to shy

She's so unique and special even if there were maybe 1 or 2 girls on the entire planet who could possibly compare to her I won't ever meet them. I guarantee I won't meet anyone else I like as much as her

Dumb comment

How can I not hate myself? I ruined my own happiness. I just wish I could be with her for even 1 day even just 1 intimate miment ,1 single kiss or hand hold. No one can replace her in my heart, if I go another gf I would just be wishing it was her instead

I already lost

If you've got this mindset, you're not ready to be in a relationship with someone new anyway because you're limiting your own choices to be happy. If you're going to spend your time wishing you are with someone else, that's not fair on whoever you're dating. You need to sort your own feelings out before even thinking about it.

Well if i messed it up i would think it wasn't meant to be and there is someone else out there for me. Surely you both would have had a chance to get to know each other if you both were meant to be in the others life.

All these threads are not healthy btw we know you messed up because of your shyness but you have no option but to move on or try and get to know her which you won't do.
have you considered getting a body pillow of her face?

Dumb comment

Showing solidarity with the thread
Original post by BristolFresher15
You only think that because you're still reeling from whatever happened. Trust me, she isn't that unique. If you already messed it up to the point where its irredeemable, just let it go.

How can you possibly know she isn't unique if you haven't met her? I've met her and trust me she is very very very unique and special. I've never met someone else like her and I know I never will again.
Yes. Hence I already have :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, and the people you like changes over time, there are people I used to fancy that I definitely wouldn't fancy now lol
How can you possibly know she isn't unique if you haven't met her? I've met her and trust me she is very very very unique and special. I've never met someone else like her and I know I never will again.

Law of large numbers.

I'm only saying this because its likely that you feel like that largely because you're infatuated with her and reeling from the unfortunate events between you too or whatever it was.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending