The Student Room Group

Not Mentally Ready For Finals

Seen my GP since February and she wrote a letter to the university saying she's been treating me for anxiety, stress and low mood. Would this be sufficient grounds to miss exams and ask for a reassessment?
Original post by hiya350
Seen my GP since February and she wrote a letter to the university saying she's been treating me for anxiety, stress and low mood. Would this be sufficient grounds to miss exams and ask for a reassessment?

It really depends on the severity and your current mental state. Many students are receiving treatment but manage to continue on your courses. You would need to talk to your course leader or module administrator to find out whether this is possible. Your uni should also have an exam deferral policy (you should be able to find this online or ask your student support service). Usually you would need to have meetings with tutors etc. to determine how much your problems are affecting you, and whether you can defer exams or would need to take a leave of absence.
Reply 2
The above poster has nailed it in the head, tbh. I have mental health issues and I have arrangements put in place for when I sit my exams (smaller room, rest breaks etc). Perhaps try looking at those rather than pulling out and having to sit the exam at a later date?
Reply 3
Original post by Charlotte49
It really depends on the severity and your current mental state. Many students are receiving treatment but manage to continue on your courses. You would need to talk to your course leader or module administrator to find out whether this is possible. Your uni should also have an exam deferral policy (you should be able to find this online or ask your student support service). Usually you would need to have meetings with tutors etc. to determine how much your problems are affecting you, and whether you can defer exams or would need to take a leave of absence.

PRSOM :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending