The Student Room Group

Worried about adjusting to full time work

Ive got an apprenticeship which starts either the start of July or the start of August (ive got to choose).
The problem is i dont think im gonna adjust very well. Im at college currently where ive had so much free time and im then going to work (8-5) so ill have little free time.
How do i adjust to this?
Another thing im concerned about is, i have no girlfriend at the moment and i would like one. How do i go about this when im working all the time?!
Thanks!
Bump^^^
And again^^^
Reply 3
I wouldn't worry about the adjustment. After about a month you get use to the routine. You appreciate the weekends much more too. As long as you don't hate the job it shouldn't be a problem.

Additionally, I don't think having a job makes it difficult to find a girlfriend. If anything it probably helps because you will look more in control of things and you will have some cash. Most people post collage/university will have a job too.
Reply 4
Why not go to uni instead if you want the free time and a chance to meet girls. Also there could be girls at your workplace you may like.
Original post by Chamchu
I wouldn't worry about the adjustment. After about a month you get use to the routine. You appreciate the weekends much more too. As long as you don't hate the job it shouldn't be a problem.

Additionally, I don't think having a job makes it difficult to find a girlfriend. If anything it probably helps because you will look more in control of things and you will have some cash. Most people post collage/university will have a job too.

Ah ok, thanks!
The job does seem really interesting and i enjoyed the work experience i did!

Hmm never thought of it like that tbh.
Thanks. Plus the maturity aspect will be better too! People who are working full time tend to be more mature and grown up which helps!!
Original post by chikane
Why not go to uni instead if you want the free time and a chance to meet girls. Also there could be girls at your workplace you may like.

I never wanted to go to uni.
I want to work but am just concerned about adjusting to it!!
There could be but a lot of the people there are male. So not ideal in that aspect.
But i could look around, ive not met everyone yet!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending