The Student Room Group

Flirting with girls online/by text. I just can't do it 😩

So I don't have a problem getting numbers, some girls give it to me themselves, so I know I'm not ugly af or something.

I'm generally funny, my friends and female friends would describe me as one of the funniest guys they know. BUT when in texting an attractive girl, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY (sorry for the caps lock, ahem anyway)

Like I'll be confused on what to say, and the convo will be boring, just talking about how's uni going or something like that. I can't seem to get any banter going, I overthink and then be too nice. By too nice I mean, I just ask nice polite questions and am too cautious to not offend them. How can I break the ice in this situation and get a good conversation going? I just never know what to say.

I can't even talk sexual, because I just feel like a dirty pervert if I do. Even though it's so common for people to talk sexually 😫

Scroll to see replies

you are a good boy :console:
Original post by Anonymous
So I don't have a problem getting numbers, some girls give it to me themselves, so I know I'm not ugly af or something.

I'm generally funny, my friends and female friends would describe me as one of the funniest guys they know. BUT when in texting an attractive girl, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY (sorry for the caps lock, ahem anyway)

Like I'll be confused on what to say, and the convo will be boring, just talking about how's uni going or something like that. I can't seem to get any banter going, I overthink and then be too nice. By too nice I mean, I just ask nice polite questions and am too cautious to not offend them. How can I break the ice in this situation and get a good conversation going? I just never know what to say.

I can't even talk sexual, because I just feel like a dirty pervert if I do. Even though it's so common for people to talk sexually 😫

I am similar.
I can flirt face to face but not online/text
Do not worry
Reply 3
Original post by fatima1998

Nobody likes a good boy :frown:

I just get nervous and end being boring

Original post by ODES_PDES
I am similar.
I can flirt face to face but not online/text
Do not worry

Urgh it's so annoying, like literally if a 8/10 gives me her number I'll still screw up
ask to meet, you don't need to text often.. or use FaceTime
Reply 5
Use the emojis. Say something flirty then :-P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nobody likes a good boy :frown:

I just get nervous and end being boring

i like good boys :yep: because i am a good girl :smile:
bad girls wont like good boys and i am sure you dont want bad girls
you'll progress once you find a true person :h:
If you find it that difficult just ask them on a date straight away rather than texting for a bit first
Reply 8
What?

Who would flirt online. Get a life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by gr8wizard10
ask to meet, you don't need to text often.. or use FaceTime

But what if you're long distance? In person I'm not much better, I just want to be able to converse better by text

Original post by SMEGGGY
Use the emojis. Say something flirty then :-P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I always thought emojis were my shortcoming. I use them quite often. So what if i call her "pretty", she'll say thank and then what next? See what I mean I can't flirt :lol:

I may be good, but even good girls don't want a boring man :frown:

If you like good guys, maybe I should pm you :hubba:

Original post by Impressive
What?

Who would flirt online. Get a life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Idk, to pass the time? :lol:

I may be good, but even good girls don't want a boring man :frown:

If you like good guys, maybe I should pm you :hubba:

noo, thats not i meant :lol: i am not into this :rofl:
you can VM me if you want :biggrin:

Idk, to pass the time? :lol:

To pass time?

So you're just telling someone you really like them and then you say it was all a lie?

What a great idea. Might as well try it. I wonder how my actions will affect the person I'm going to be writing to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
noo, thats not i meant :lol: i am not into this :rofl:
you can VM me if you want :biggrin:

Hahaha I was only joking, I don't randomly PM people like that :tongue:

Original post by Impressive
To pass time?

So you're just telling someone you really like them and then you say it was all a lie?

What a great idea. Might as well try it. I wonder how my actions will affect the person I'm going to be writing to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't lie, just flirt a bit and have some good conversation. I'm not talking about leading someone on, I'd only flirt if I was attracted to them. If we didnt hit it off then I wouldn't continue.
I wouldn't lie, just flirt a bit and have some good conversation. I'm not talking about leading someone on, I'd only flirt if I was attracted to them. If we didnt hit it off then I wouldn't continue.

Oh, okay.

I didn't know.

Really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bump. Since its prime procrastination time 🌚
So? Just sounds like your not ready for girls. Get your confidence up by becoming successful, going to the gym ect...focus on bettering yourself and everything else will fall into place.

Yeah

That's what I call my dog
just be funny
Some girls like it, and some don't. Find out if they're into that first before trying it? :tongue:
Reply 19

How does flirtacious banter make one a bad boy? :hmmmm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending