The Student Room Group

Civil Engineering- WHICH UNI?

Hi Guys,
I have a big problem.
I got offers from Cardiff, Liverpool, Queen's Belfast and Newcastle. Honestly, I have no ide which Uni should I choose.
Any hints?
I'm guessing you're from Jersey? As someone from Guernsey you should consider the travel links, a 1h30 trip home is a lot better than the 6h trips you can end up with (which I think would be the case for Cardiff and Newcastle)
Reply 2
Actually, I am from Poland :smile: So that is why I am looking for the best sources to get know something about those Unis and Civil Eng. I've encountered on thestudentroom, so..
Anybody?:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Jerseyas
Hi Guys,
I have a big problem.
I got offers from Cardiff, Liverpool, Queen's Belfast and Newcastle. Honestly, I have no ide which Uni should I choose.
Any hints?

I would say it is between Cardiff and Newcastle in terms of prestige and ranking
Reply 4
I think I will choose Cardiff as my firm, what about Liverpool vs. Belfast (insurance)?
Reply 5
Hi Guys,
I have a big problem.
Any hints?

Why did you choose those universities in the first place?

Also, check the courses in detail - you are likely to find some differences.

And what are the offers from each?
Reply 6
I think I will choose Cardiff as my firm, what about Liverpool vs. Belfast (insurance)?

I would genuinely say they are pretty much equal, go for the one you prefer

Quick Reply

Latest