The Student Room Group

Physics Readjustment

I have firmed an offer from Warwick and selected Bristol as my insurance for MPhys. For Warwick I need an A*AA and for Warwick I need AAA (I study Chemistry, Maths and Physics), this year however I have achieved A* in the mocks for both physics and maths so I was looking at the UCAS readjustment option. One of the universities that I looked at was Durham for which I would require the two A*, I was wondering if anyone knew how often there are places available for readjustment at a university such as Durham and how likely given I acheive the two A* would I be to acquire a place there.
Original post by Jasop
I have firmed an offer from Warwick and selected Bristol as my insurance for MPhys. For Warwick I need an A*AA and for Warwick I need AAA (I study Chemistry, Maths and Physics), this year however I have achieved A* in the mocks for both physics and maths so I was looking at the UCAS readjustment option. One of the universities that I looked at was Durham for which I would require the two A*, I was wondering if anyone knew how often there are places available for readjustment at a university such as Durham and how likely given I acheive the two A* would I be to acquire a place there.

The scheme you would be using is Adjustment not readjustment.

Durham have had places in Clearing and Adjustment in the past - however they also have a history of not really understanding how these schemes work and messing applicants around.

Adjustment is VERY quick - 5 days from A level results day. You need a university that will answer their phones and be able to make a decision and act on it quickly. You are in a strong position in Adjustment though - you can hold off on making a decision until you've spoken to a number of universities and then you can insist that you'll only accept a place if you're guaranteed a room in halls.

The big difference between adjustment and clearing though is in WHO presses the buttons. In Clearing you add a choice on Track and the university concerned gives that the yes or no. In Adjustment you press a button on Track which means EVERY university can see your application and any university that BELIEVES you have accepted a verbal offer can "fish" you out of Adjustment and away from your Firm. That means you need to be extremely clear with universities on the phone about WHAT you're asking and whether this is an enquiry or a request for adjustment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending