The Student Room Group

Residency question

Hi,

I'm a little confused by what 'ordinarily resident' means. I normally live in Wales with my parents but I've been studying in England for three years - does this mean I'm ordinarily resident in England or Wales?

Also, does the fact that I'm an EU national mean that I will be eligible even though normally reside in Wales?

Thank you for your help in advance.
Original post by klaudiaf1995
Hi,

I'm a little confused by what 'ordinarily resident' means. I normally live in Wales with my parents but I've been studying in England for three years - does this mean I'm ordinarily resident in England or Wales?

Also, does the fact that I'm an EU national mean that I will be eligible even though normally reside in Wales?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Hi

It sounds like you’re normally resident in Wales because you moved to England to study.

As an EU national you would still need to be ordinarily resident in England, or have lived in the EU (outside the UK) for at least three years before the start of your course to get a Postgraduate Loan.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like you’d be able to get a Postgraduate Loan from SFE.

Laura

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending