The Student Room Group

When to apply for 2017 Postgraduate loan

I am wanting to apply for a Post Graduate loan for a Masters, Getting the funding will depend on when/if I can apply for the course. Can I apply for the loan prior to being offered a place, or apply this June for a course staring October 2017?
Original post by GrayJustice
I am wanting to apply for a Post Graduate loan for a Masters, Getting the funding will depend on when/if I can apply for the course. Can I apply for the loan prior to being offered a place, or apply this June for a course staring October 2017?

HI

You don’t need to have accepted a place on a course to apply, you can use the details for the course you want to start and change them later if you need to.

You’ll only be able to apply for courses that start in the 2016/17 academic year in June. Applications for courses starting in October 2017 will be available next year.

Laura
Reply 2
Thank you for your answer. Are you able to confirm if the Karuna Institute's (in partnership with University of Middlesex) Post Qualification MA in Psychotherapy will be eligible for the Post Graduate Loan application? I have seen in a 'general' listing that the Karuna Institute is accepted on the GOV site but not specifically this course and for this new Post Graduate loan?

Also, I am considering if I should apply this or next year, if I did apply for the 2017/18 academic year, when would be the earliest date I could apply?

Thanks again for your response, very much appreciated.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GrayJustice
Thank you for your answer. Are you able to confirm if the Karuna Institute's (in partnership with University of Middlesex) Post Qualification MA in Psychotherapy will be eligible for the Post Graduate Loan application? I have seen in a 'general' listing that the Karuna Institute is accepted on the GOV site but not specifically this course and for this new Post Graduate loan?

Also, I am considering if I should apply this or next year, if I did apply for the 2017/18 academic year, when would be the earliest date I could apply?

Thanks again for your response, very much appreciated.

Hi

You can find out more about the courses that will be eligible for a Postgraduate Loan in the Student Finance Zone, but it's best to check directly with the university about the individual courses they run if you're not sure.

We don't know when the applications for 2017/18 will be available yet, but one we do we'll have information on here and on our Twitter and Facebook pages.

Laura

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending