The Student Room Group

STOP blaming immigrants for your failings

Scroll to see replies

looool all makes sense now - KNIGHTSBRIDGE

How many desperate and destitute eastern europeans does daddy cram into one of his abandoned sheds to extort grossly extortionate rent from and just how much of their cheap labour funds your private school fee's and trips to harrods? Me ol mucka
(edited 7 years ago)
Thank you got posting this.@TSRFT8
As fascism becomes more and more popular throughout europe logical voices need to be heard. Most of people here talk while they are in their warm houses while I living in a place where all immigrants&refuggees come. So I ve seen many dead people in the Aegean, I ve seen my favourite beach turning into cemetery, I ve seen many people desperate and they just wanted a better life. If you dont want immigrants coming into your country then you should demand Europe to stop interfering in their countries and bombing their houses. Or you should be against capitalism cause this is the reason of freedom of movement. Nowadays, Europe is in the middle of a crisis so I can accept ppl saying racist things but always think that politicians are to blame for. And dont start extreme actions like attacking immigrants or wishing they all die as I ve seen it happening in my country. All people no matter the nation or religion have the right for a decent life. However, not everyone has a chance in living such a life,why is it so bad to seek a better luck?
Peace and Love.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Boom. I like this girl. You could learn an awful lot OP

I literally lolled when @LaMandarine so deliciously and succinctly destroyed @TSRFT8 -

"B-b-buutt your an immigrant!!" lmfao - The anger and embarassment at his worldview being annihiliated right before his eyes...The last refuge for a fool is to run for the Xenophobe, little englander, nasty racist white man card ... AND HE COULDN'T

Three cheers for @LaMandarine

@TSRFT8

Haha, that made me chuckle as I was waiting for my lecture to start. At least somebody understands my point in this discussion :h: . I'm was beginning to get sick to just be labelled as an extreme for just mentioning a view that's contrary to the conventional one.

Also, I absolutely love when I verbally engage in such a discussion with native Brits that share the same opinion with OP. I don't have a foreign accent, and people easily mistake me for a native. I don't mention that I am Romanian from the start, I just wait for them to call me either a fascist or a good candidate for Britain's First. Then I just tell them I'm a Romanian, show them my ID (if needed), and then see their world get shattered before their eyes :lol:
Original post by constantina98
Thank you got posting this.@TSRFT8
As fascism becomes more and more popular throughout europe logical voices need to be heard. Most of people here talk while they are in their warm houses while I living in a place where all immigrants&refuggees come. So I ve seen many dead people in the Aegean, I ve seen my favourite beach turning into cemetery, I ve seen many people desperate and they just wanted a better life. If you dont want immigrants coming into your country then you should demand Europe to stop interfering in their countries and bombing their houses. Or you should be against capitalism cause this is the reason of freedom of movement. Nowadays, Europe is in the middle of a crisis so I can accept ppl saying racist things but always think that politicians are to blame for. And dont start extreme actions like attacking immigrants or wishing they all die as I ve seen it happening in my country. All people no matter the nation or religion have the right for a decent life. However, not everyone has a chance in living such a life,why is it so bad to seek a better luck?
Peace and Love.

How did Sweden cause the problems in in Iraq, for example? To blame Europeans for conflicts in the Middle East is dishonest and an excuse to justify the present mass migration. Even top EU people have admitted that most migrants are no true refugees but economic migrants. You are falling for antiwhite leftist rhetoric.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ilFbbk9jw4
Original post by plstudent
How did Sweden cause the problems in in Iraq, for example? To blame Europeans for conflicts in the Middle East is dishonest and an excuse to justify the present mass migration. Even top EU people have admitted that most migrants are no true refugees but economic migrants. You are falling for antiwhite leftist rhetoric.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilFbbk9jw4

Hey I didnt mean to insult you or anything. 1)i am not being antiwhite cause europeans are also black people or arab etc. I am talking for the people who support politicians who are taking advantage of other cpuntries. So not all europeans. 2)of course not all the people who are coming have fled wars but that doesnt mean that west has nothing to do with that. 3) some countries in eu are dominant so obviously some countries are more responsible than others. But i believe that as we have democracy we are responsible by who we vote or by not reacting at all.
It is just my opinion. Maybe i am wrong and you are right or the opposite. I just try to see both sides of the story: )
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey I didnt mean to insult you or anything. 1)i am not being antiwhite cause europeans are also black people or arab etc. I am talking for the people who support politicians who are taking advantage of other cpuntries. So not all europeans. 2)of course not all the people who are coming have fled wars but that doesnt mean that west has nothing to do with that. 3) some countries in eu are dominant so obviously some countries are more responsible than others. But i believe that as we have democracy we are responsible by who we vote or by not reacting at all.
It is just my opinion. Maybe i am wrong and you are right or the opposite. I just try to see both sides of the story: )

You dodged my question completely: how is Sweden, for example, responsible if the US attacks some Middle Eastern country? The Swedes could have voted for Rowan Atkinson and it wouldn't have made a difference.
Are you aware that most anti immigration parties are also opposed to foreign wars? It is the pro immigration parties that want foreign intervention in the Middle East.
The EU is garbage and shouldn't even exist but it has little to do with the problems in the Middle East, they are more responsible for the immigration disaster in Europe.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by LaMandarine

Haha, that made me chuckle as I was waiting for my lecture to start. At least somebody understands my point in this discussion :h: . I'm was beginning to get sick to just be labelled as an extreme for just mentioning a view that's contrary to the conventional one.

Also, I absolutely love when I verbally engage in such a discussion with native Brits that share the same opinion with OP. I don't have a foreign accent, and people easily mistake me for a native. I don't mention that I am Romanian from the start, I just wait for them to call me either a fascist or a good candidate for Britain's First. Then I just tell them I'm a Romanian, show them my ID (if needed), and then see their world get shattered before their eyes :lol:

I can imagine haha. U must have shattered some bubbles in your time :biggrin:
Reply 47
Original post by TSRFT8
There are NUMEROUS threads now on TSR about how "immigrants" are stealing jobs which should be for the British.

Firstly no one is stealing anything from anyone, The British do not have an entitlement to whatever job they desire and if this is what you want then apply it across the board not to just one job. Why dont you apply it to doctors and replace them with only British doctors see where that gets you.

Why dont you stop all the businesses owned by "immigrants" and see how many more people are unemployed. Im sick of seeing British people think they have some sort of high ground over jobs because of their nationality.

If an employer does not hire you DO NOT take your frustration out on blaming immigrants as it is not their fault people do not want to hire you (Also shut up about "they work for cheaper" this is incorrect that job would pay a British person the same)

Further if you are declined from a job stop saying "someone who cant speak English got a job over me" its nothing to brag about infact you should probably go back and resit your GCSE`s if this is the case.

Its boring when people who couldn't even be bothered to get a single qualification think they deserve a job over someone better qualified, give over you have no ENTITLEMENT to anything. Its NOT your company for you to be deciding who SHOULD be hired.

Lastly i think many also forget these "immigrants" are working jobs that the British think they are too good for. Instead of moaning about it do something productive instead of spurting your borderline racism because you are a failure.

1. Few people have complained about immigrants stealing jobs. Most threads about immigration deal with the appalling behaviour of many migrants in western countries (assaults, rapes, thefts, etc.). They don't even work.

2. Non-EU immigration is a burden on the country:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24813467

3. As many people have already explained to you, low skilled immigrants put a pressure on salaries, rents, social services, NHS, etc. And don't pay much direct taxes.

4. They are not hired for their skills, but because they cost less than natives. I suppose that as a middle class kid, you don't understand what that means to run a house on a £7.5 per hour salary, or a zero hour contract.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
I can imagine haha. U must have shattered some bubbles in your time :biggrin:

true, true :innocent:
Reply 49
Original post by sfaraj
WITHOUT IMMIGRATION I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN BORN INTO A SAFE SOCIETY!

and the amount of immigrants i know who are doctors and dentists mechanics and chefs, without them you wouldn't eat kebab from the local kebab place, or had your car fixed or been diagnosed

accept it, a lot of immigrants come with a purpose and do it, but some (NOT ALL) non-immigrants dont try as hard, im not bashing people

For every doctor you know, there are dozens of benefit scroungers in Tower Hamlets or Bradford.

Overall, immigration from non-EU countries is a burden:

Reply 50
Thank you got posting this.@TSRFT8As fascism becomes more and more popular throughout europe logical voices need to be heard. Most of people here talk while they are in their warm houses while I living in a place where all immigrants&refuggees come. So I ve seen many dead people in the Aegean, I ve seen my favourite beach turning into cemetery, I ve seen many people desperate and they just wanted a better life. If you dont want immigrants coming into your country then you should demand Europe to stop interfering in their countries and bombing their houses. Or you should be against capitalism cause this is the reason of freedom of movement. Nowadays, Europe is in the middle of a crisis so I can accept ppl saying racist things but always think that politicians are to blame for. And dont start extreme actions like attacking immigrants or wishing they all die as I ve seen it happening in my country. All people no matter the nation or religion have the right for a decent life. However, not everyone has a chance in living such a life,why is it so bad to seek a better luck?Peace and Love.
Make paragraphs and I may answer that block of nonsense.
Reply 51
Original post by TSRFT8
I literally cannot cope with you. You are an IMMIGRANT basically arguing saying immigration is bad.Im going to answer your last line (i have a-levels to revise for and quite frankly your points are just stupid) if they were desperate for such jobs then so many immigrants would never have gotten them.

You fail to see that not all immigrants are worth the same. An immigrant is not automatically good or bad, some are great, some are terrible.
Original post by DanB1991
Basically they accept a standard of living deemed illegal by both citizens of the country and also he government.

They basically undercut the whole point of minimum/living wage.

This isn't an EU issue, or even really a migrant issue, this is about enforcement of existing laws. If the employer is paying less than the legal minimum wage they can be prosecuted. If you know someone doing this then you should inform the authorities.
Original post by typonaut
This isn't an EU issue, or even really a migrant issue, this is about enforcement of existing laws. If the employer is paying less than the legal minimum wage they can be prosecuted. If you know someone doing this then you should inform the authorities.

As in they are willing to undercut living standards themselves, thus low wages affect them less. The wages themselves are generally within legal boundaries. However it sets a precedent to employers that £7 per hour or £7.20 is enough. We ourselves did actually report to the council that 12+ EU and Russian immigrants were sharing a house next door to ours. They were perfectly willing to live in such a manner but the council put a stop to it.

However employers should really be paying an amount closer to £8.25 for bottom tier work. The problem is most people are not willing to live in overcrowded housing and even then it's too expensive when you're paid the lower rates. Most employers then complain the rate is too high, but the truth of the matter is for a full time workers it's the amount required for a decent standard of life.
Original post by Josb
For every doctor you know, there are dozens of benefit scroungers in Tower Hamlets or Bradford

And there are no "British" scroungers? If you are going to use something then apply it across the board. Why should the rich immigrants fund for the British scroungers if the British dont want anything to do with them in the first place????

I think you forget that much of this countries wealth and success is a direct result of immigration and immigrants.
Reply 55
Original post by TSRFT8
And there are no "British" scroungers? If you are going to use something then apply it across the board. Why should the rich immigrants fund for the British scroungers if the British dont want anything to do with them in the first place????

I think you forget that much of this countries wealth and success is a direct result of immigration and immigrants.

The fact that we have to deal with native scroungers is not an excuse to admit worthless immigrants. Only those who can make a positive contribution to the country should be accepted.

You have ignored the graph I showed you, so I post it again:

Non-EU immigration has a negative impact on Britain.
Original post by Josb
The fact that we have to deal with native scroungers is not an excuse to admit worthless immigrants. Only those who can make a positive contribution to the country should be accepted.

You have ignored the graph I showed you, so I post it again:

Non-EU immigration has a negative impact on Britain.

No dont post it again, i did not ignore it i just dont think it is very representative of the population of the UK (i might be wrong)

I did not say it was an excuse i was making a comparison. Native tax payers do not want to pay for immigrants who are scrounging but why should the immigrant tax payers have to pay for the native scroungers (the majority of whom despise them)

Your last point is well absurd. How can it be having a negative impact when a large proportion are earning more than the native thus paying more in tax further contributing more to the economy? If having Asian doctors, Arab businesses are having a negative impact, i would love to see the UK kick them all out and put your money where your mouth is and see the self destruction of this country. This country could never cope without immigration, **** even this countries football team is half non native.

With Regards to your **** graph: I am going to add you do realise NUMEROUS studies have concluded that immigrants are less likely too claim benefits as compared to natives.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Josb
For every doctor you know, there are dozens of benefit scroungers in Tower Hamlets or Bradford.

Overall, immigration from non-EU countries is a burden:

i live in south west london- sutton so i would have no idea what kind of people live in bradford- an immigration is not a bruden:
-Benefits are for those who cannot live like others easily due to medical or financial reasons and should not be bashed on or disliked on because of how they are, and i know they could go job centre, so they could consider that but they could be a career for a disabled person or themselves have a medical condition that means it is difficult for them to work, also there are many other factors that are the reason they could not get a job but you may or ma not know of them, i dont suppose you go around interviewing immigrants on benefits
-Immigrants also contribute to the economy because when immigrants come in, for those who take on work, usually they take on the lower jobs such as factory workers, farmers, cleaners etc so no matter what the contribute
-You could earn benefits as well as having a job
-Immigrants go on to having children who get an education which means they go on to working and helping the economy as well

immigrants deserve just as good of a life as us, the state of their country of origin could not be controlled by the mere hands of the emmigrants,

if the uk wants to stop immigration, then make them elect trump as PM and get over it
Reply 58
Original post by sfaraj
immigration is not a bruden:

I suggest you try taking a drive down the M4, or apply for social housing, or try getting your kids into local schools, or attend any number of A&E departments and try saying that with a straight face.

Immigration isnt just about jobs and benefits.
Reply 59
Original post by TSRFT8
No dont post it again, i did not ignore it i just dont think it is very representative of the population of the UK (i might be wrong)

You are wrong. :biggrin:

Original post by TSRFT8
I did not say it was an excuse i was making a comparison. Native tax payers do not want to pay for immigrants who are scrounging but why should the immigrant tax payers have to pay for the native scroungers (the majority of whom despise them)

You tried to compare native and foreign scroungers to imply that it's ok to admit the latter in the country. Immigrants must pay for native scroungers because it's the law.

Original post by TSRFT8
Your last point is well absurd. How can it be having a negative impact when a large proportion are earning more than the native thus paying more in tax further contributing more to the economy? If having Asian doctors, Arab businesses are having a negative impact, i would love to see the UK kick them all out and put your money where your mouth is and see the self destruction of this country. This country could never cope without immigration, **** even this countries football team is half non native.

*sigh*

Because you have far more immigrants who do not go to the UK for work. The positive contribution made by a immigrant doctor is nullified by a dozen of worthless immigrants that have entered the country at the same time.

If you had read properly what I wrote, you would have seen that I said "Only those who can make a positive contribution to the country should be accepted". Doctors and businessmen are welcome.

Original post by TSRFT8
With Regards to your **** graph: I am going to add you do realise NUMEROUS studies have concluded that immigrants are less likely too claim benefits as compared to natives.

It has nothing to do with what the graph shows. Immigrants may be less likely to claim benefits, but it doesn't mean that they pay more taxes. Most of them just live there in council estates, they don't work, or on **** jobs, so they contribute very little to the economy. Hence why non-EU immigration is a burden overall.

Quick Reply

Latest