The Student Room Group

What's been the best moment in your relationship so far?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ethereal World
Yeah all this plus not needing to talk to me all the time, being comfortable with silence, and being okay with the fact napping is my priority, and I will generally flake on most social events.

Yeh exactly...! Well, I reckon single life will keep me going for a long while yet xD
Standing in the shallow water on a beach in Miami with all the little fish going around our feet. It was our first real vacation together and everything about it was awesome.

Probably should have said my wedding day, but there was a lot of people and too many expectations to do whatever. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it or it wasn't memorable I just preferred the relaxed nature of Miami.
Original post by mobbsy91
Yeh exactly...! Well, I reckon single life will keep me going for a long while yet xD

single + kitties :love:
Reply 23
Original post by e hine e
When I close my eyes and concentrate really hard my duvet feels like a person :love:

I'd probably do that if I knew what a person felt like...
single + kitties :love:

Haha xD Alas, we're majorly de-railing this thread all about relationships :rofl:
Original post by John55
I'd probably do that if I knew what a person felt like...

I just pretend I know what one feels like, but don't tell anyone that.
i dont know i dont think i am capable of loving someone
Haha xD Alas, we're majorly de-railing this thread all about relationships :rofl:

:topic:

but TSR is a safe space and relationships can constitute the absence of relationships otherwise it's singleist.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Can relate to you completely on that one.

It's lovely :smile:

Especially that moment when you first see him and your both stood there grinning at each other as you realise your relationship is real and he exists ahhhh I'm so happy just remembering seeing his face for the first time and I REALISED HOW ****IN TALL HE WAS SRSLY I dont even reach his shoulder hahahah
Original post by Zozaaaa
Especially that moment when you first see him and your both stood there grinning at each other as you realise your relationship is real and he exists ahhhh I'm so happy just remembering seeing his face for the first time and I REALISED HOW ****IN TALL HE WAS SRSLY I dont even reach his shoulder hahahah

Yup and then you just run and jump hug him :tongue:
Reply 30
Original post by e hine e
I just pretend I know what one feels like, but don't tell anyone that.

Your secret is relatively safe with me :wink:.
:topic:

but TSR is a safe space and relationships can constitute the absence of relationships otherwise it's singleist.

Ahhh now, that is true I suppose!
Original post by Pickles
It doesn't matter how long you've been with your partner, what would you say has been the best moment in your relationship so far?

Probably when I had a shave and looked younger than you.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Can relate to you completely on that one.

It's lovely :smile:

I'm melting here :love:
Breaking up :lol:
Nah...

I just always look at myself and think, thank god I don't have someone wondering what I'm doing when not with them... The money that I haven't spent on someone who, chances are, you're going to break up with at some point anyway... The freedom to do what I want when I want. The freedom of not being squished into an already tiny single bed.

Lol if you're not teenagers in some possessive relationship you don't spend every waking minute wondering what your partner is doing.

.....negative outlook, the money is still spent on good times in the moment.

I'll give you the freedom one to a degree though.

Single bed? Even if I was single for life I would never have a single bed. No cold side to roll onto, no splayed out at random angles etc.
Original post by joey11223
Lol if you're not teenagers in some possessive relationship you don't spend every waking minute wondering what your partner is doing.

.....negative outlook, the money is still spent on good times in the moment.

I'll give you the freedom one to a degree though.

Single bed? Even if I was single for life I would never have a single bed. No cold side to roll onto, no splayed out at random angles etc.

No... I know loads of people who have clingy girlfriends who're constantly asking what they're up to, especially if they're going on a night out with some guys... I'd ****ing hate that...

I'd rather save that money to be honest...

Yup.

I don't particularly have a choice whilst at uni.
No... I know loads of people who have clingy girlfriends who're constantly asking what they're up to, especially if they're going on a night out with some guys... I'd ****ing hate that...

I'd rather save that money to be honest...

Yup.

I don't particularly have a choice whilst at uni.

How long have they been together? I suppose part of it could be an LDR aspect assuming they're at Uni. Though I suppose that said it depends on the context of it, if I was on holiday without my girlfriend I'd drop her a few texts in the evening, but more purely because I do actually want to communicate with her. But obviously "what are you doing?!" "omg don't drink!" "you're not going near other girls are you?!" type things would be a bit horrific.

Lol fair enough.

Yeah thought you might be at Uni, though you never know some folks do just have single beds if they live alone, which I find a bit odd, but it's up to them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by joey11223
How long have they been together? I suppose part of it could be an LDR aspect assuming they're at Uni.

Lol fair enough.

Yeah thought you might be at Uni, though you never know some folks do just have single beds if they live alone, which I find a bit odd, but it's up to them.

Yeh, I'd say most aren't long-term... A few are, and that'd be a massive turn off for me... I know one is an LDR, and yeh, I kind of understand that, but it pisses the guy off a fair bit!

Yeh xD

Yeh, I mean, if you've got no space, then fair enough, but having a double bed is definitely so worth it!!

Yeh, I mean, if you've got no space, then fair enough, but having a double bed is definitely so worth it!!

I know a guy who lives alone in a house with a single bed. It just sort of suggests to me he has no interest/hope in ever having a girl round. I'll lean towards hope since I know he isn't asexual.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending