The Student Room Group

Can I get a univercity to ask for the year course payment in one go?

I'm going to be studying at the univercity of cumbria this september but the only way student finance will pay the year cost of student housing (dont have a guantor so need to pay in full) is if cumbria request the full amount for the course.
Is this do-able and if anyone else has done this before?
Original post by shaunjeyes
I'm going to be studying at the univercity of cumbria this september but the only way student finance will pay the year cost of student housing (dont have a guantor so need to pay in full) is if cumbria request the full amount for the course.
Is this do-able and if anyone else has done this before?

I've never heard of them allowing to do that, I had to pay upfront for my halls as i had no guarantor and student finance didnt change my payments for me.
As I understand it, the payment dates and the amounts (33% / 33% and 34%) are set in stone and it's something you can't request them to change.
Just rewritten this. OP have student finance actually told you they will pay the full years fees in advance if the Uni agrees to bill you for the year? I can well see SFE only being willing to pay on a per term basis, but if you are sure they have agreed to pay all in advance if presented with a bill, then I will take your workd for it. A, a bit sceptical.

If its true though., then it would seem to me how the uni bills you is at their discretion and you should contact them. explain your situation to which they can quickly say yes or not. Your essentially asking to pay in advance and I'd be surprised if they would turn money down. They might even give a discount. I looked on the web page but there is no clear guidance.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Just rewritten this. OP have student finance actually told you they will pay the full years fees in advance if the Uni agrees to bill you for the year? I can well see SFE only being willing to pay on a per term basis, but if you are sure they have agreed to pay all in advance if presented with a bill, then I will take your workd for it. A, a bit sceptical.

If its true though., then it would seem to me how the uni bills you is at their discretion and you should contact them. explain your situation to which they can quickly say yes or not. Your essentially asking to pay in advance and I'd be surprised if they would turn money down. They might even give a discount. I looked on the web page but there is no clear guidance.

I asked them yesterday and they said they could pay it in full, will just have to phone the univercity today. I cant seeing them saying no to taking all the money straight away. Hopefully they agree to this otherwise im gong to have to pay it up front somehow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending