The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Teesside September 2016 Starters Mega-Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Soul-Searching
Aaww that would be good, at least I'd kind of know someone!!! I applied ages ago, I hope I hear soon!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know! Do you know when we find out? I've been told we won't hear till results day..
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Reply 21
There's freshers groups on Facebook too but I'm conscious to join them hahaha! I'm sure you guys will smash it and get in I have my fingers crossed for you both! What're you studying at A-level/college? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soph97
There's freshers groups on Facebook too but I'm conscious to join them hahaha! I'm sure you guys will smash it and get in I have my fingers crossed for you both! What're you studying at A-level/college? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha same here I'm not sure I dare join them! I do psychology, English literature, sociology & biology and health & social care. What about you?
Reply 23
(Including AS) I've done Biology, Psychology, English Literature and English language! Fairly common ground :yep: On Facebook there's like 3 groups for this year and you have to introduce yourself and what not haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soph97
(Including AS) I've done Biology, Psychology, English Literature and English language! Fairly common ground :yep: On Facebook there's like 3 groups for this year and you have to introduce yourself and what not haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I know, might join them nearer the time haha :tongue:
Reply 25
There's already like 250 odd people who've joined and I'm not sure I want to brave a short bio haha! Are you going to join any sports? :smile:
Original post by Soph97
There's already like 250 odd people who've joined and I'm not sure I want to brave a short bio haha! Are you going to join any sports? :smile:

Haha same here! I'm unsure yet I think I'd like to though, are you?
Reply 27
Mhmmm hopefully Badminton and Hockey, it's been said that you can only do one competitively because of match classes but we'll see :smile: What would you go for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soph97
Mhmmm hopefully Badminton and Hockey, it's been said that you can only do one competitively because of match classes but we'll see :smile: What would you go for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No idea! I play tennis occasionally so possibly that :smile:
Reply 29
That'd be good! Lots of people will rope you in to all kinds during freshers anyways :tongue: Free stuff ftw! Any idea of any societies you'll join? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soph97
That'd be good! Lots of people will rope you in to all kinds during freshers anyways :tongue: Free stuff ftw! Any idea of any societies you'll join? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I can imagine! And unsure yet probably just see when I get there, what about you?
Reply 31
Mhmm same, I'm sure there's all kinds of weird and wonderful ones though haha :tongue: So Teesside is your firm? What do you need to get? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soph97
Mhmm same, I'm sure there's all kinds of weird and wonderful ones though haha :tongue: So Teesside is your firm? What do you need to get? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No doubt about it haha! Yeah it's my firm, is it yours? And I need 280 UCAS points :smile:
Reply 33
Nice! You'll smash it :smile: What're you predicted? I got an unconditional offer during my interview, but I think that'll be because there may not be many people who've enrolled on specifically the extended Forensic Science course :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soph97
Nice! You'll smash it :smile: What're you predicted? I got an unconditional offer during my interview, but I think that'll be because there may not be many people who've enrolled on specifically the extended Forensic Science course :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

At first they put me on extended but they've changed it now to just the 3 year course :smile: have you applied for accommodation yet?
Reply 35
Oh really? How come they changed it? And I have to re-order my National Insurance number because it's lost so I can't apply right now, will be another week or so :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soph97
Oh really? How come they changed it? And I have to re-order my National Insurance number because it's lost so I can't apply right now, will be another week or so :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw no! I didn't realise you needed national insurance for accommodation
Reply 37
You do for student finance, and I thought you needed to have applied for that to be able to apply for accommodation? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soph97
You do for student finance, and I thought you needed to have applied for that to be able to apply for accommodation? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Noooo you can apply to accommodation first! I did, only just applied for student finance the other day :smile:. I'd get your accommodation sorted as I'm sure I read somewhere you need to apply before the 30th this month
Reply 39
I had no idea! Omg thank you, that's crazy. So you recommend halls and..? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending