The Student Room Group

STOP blaming immigrants for your failings

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by TSRFT8
Those south Asian doctors are about £100,000 above the median salary they pay more tax than you earn.

Those Asian doctors often come here with their wife, 4 children, and sometimes their parents. So you have to divide their salary between their family members.
Original post by Josb

I have already acknowledged that point.

No you haven't. Or is it because you have nothing to say to that?

Original post by Josb
No. Any people living here also use public services, which cost much more than benefits to the state's finances. The state spends the most on education, NHS and pensions. As I have used neither of these in the UK, I still assert that I make a positive contribution.

You've avoided the point; Migrants taxation is greater than their social burden. Now we can all make claims here, point is as an immigrant, you're not in a position to criticise the immigration policy that has let you in. I highly suspect a British person would be able to the same job you do and you beat them to it. Which is perfectly fine.
Original post by Josb
No. Any people living here also use public services, which cost much more than benefits to the state's finances. The state spends the most on education, NHS and pensions. As I have used neither of these in the UK, I still assert that I make a positive contribution.

Your £5,000 does not even scratch the surface of what you owe too the state in a year worth of their services.

Dont be so foolish you really think your £5,000 tax is paying for your stay in this country.

I suppose you dont use the roads or drive a car either.
Original post by Josb
Those Asian doctors often come here with their wife, 4 children, and sometimes their parents. So you have to divide their salary between their family members.

Why make stereotypes? You have any proof of these stereotypes? Those doctors are more welcome than you btw.
Original post by TSRFT8
Your £5,000 does not even scratch the surface of what you owe too the state in a year worth of their services.

Dont be so foolish you really think your £5,000 tax is paying for your stay in this country.

oh mate that's savage the poor guys probably booked his train already
Reply 185
Original post by TSRFT8

I don't have a car. I don't think it costs £5,000 to just use the sidewalk.
Reply 186
Original post by Youngmetro
No you haven't. Or is it because you have nothing to say to that?

I did, but you've missed it since you've jumped in the thread.

You've avoided the point; Migrants taxation is greater than their social burden. Now we can all make claims here, point is as an immigrant, you're not in a position to criticise the immigration policy that has let you in. I highly suspect a British person would be able to the same job you do and you beat them to it. Which is perfectly fine.

Fail again. My job requires a native level of French. :biggrin:
In fairness based on this he's in credit on the average spend per head if you deduct what he doesn't use.

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/breakdown_2017UKdt_15dc5n
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Josb
I don't have a car. I don't think it costs £5,000 to just use the sidewalk.

You really think £5000 is paying for ALL of the things the state pays for? Defence, running of government, Welfare state

oh mate that's savage the poor guys probably booked his train already

If only hahaha
Original post by Josb
Fail again. My job requires a native level of French. :biggrin:

Once again you skip out most of the thread. We've got plenty of people who can speak French, dont act like there wasnt a british language grad/ speaker who can do your job and a foreigner was the only option. That's just a lie and you know it. You're not unique, you're as replaceable as it gets but im quite happy for people to come in. Your argument is invalid now, since you choose to pick and choose which bits you reply to because you got nothing to say. Nice to finally see your true colours. Now you can take your racist views back to France, im sure they would love it since your views are more accepted there. We dont need you here, you're as replaceable as a sponge.
Reply 190
Original post by TSRFT8
You really think £5000 is paying for ALL of the things the state pays for? Defence, running of government, Welfare state

First I said I paid £6,000, not 5,000. Second, this figure doesn't include council tax and VAT.

Third, following the link here: http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/breakdown_2016UKdt_15dc5n

If you deduce pensions, NHS, state education, and social security, which I haven't used, you get £4,125.

So I'd say I'm a positive contributor.
Original post by TSRFT8
blah blah blah

Oh shut up.

You would be the first to move out of your neighbourhood when it become s majority ethnic.
Obviously he's gonna lie to get himself out of this situation. He seems pretty arrogant, thinking we should be grateful for his french speaking skills as if we dont have lang grads.

Even he's succumbed to the fact that he's a burden to the UK and is a massive hypocrite. Dont bother wasting you time on this loser, his life is an insult itself.

Original post by Josb
First I said I paid £6,000, not 5,000. Second, this figure doesn't include council tax and VAT.

If you deduce pensions, NHS, state education, and social security, which I haven't used, you get £4,125.

So I'd say I'm a positive contributor.

Its not a pay as you go phone contract you moron. In that case you better save if you want your kids to have a education because it costs around £250k for the 7 years and we are not paying for it. Oh and your pension forget about that aswell. Police, nah mate **** off home.

ALL YOUR OWN RACIST LOGIC CAN BE USED AGAINST YOU. MORON
Reply 193
Well I suppose that the insults mean that you don't have anything else to say. Bye guys.
Stop blaming immigrants start blaming Corporations !
Original post by Josb
Well I suppose that the insults mean that you don't have anything else to say. Bye guys.

You really think you're a positive contributor? Loool i do have something to say. Reply to my last post.
Original post by Snake_God

Exactly!!!
Original post by democracyforum
Oh shut up.

You would be the first to move out of your neighbourhood when it become s majority ethnic.

Yeah because its so evident how racist i am. I go to a private school with many ethnic minorities, whats the issue with them are they not human?
Original post by Snake_God

They DGAF where you're from as long as they're paying you and the taxman as little as possible.
Original post by DanB1991
As in they are willing to undercut living standards themselves, thus low wages affect them less. The wages themselves are generally within legal boundaries. However it sets a precedent to employers that £7 per hour or £7.20 is enough. We ourselves did actually report to the council that 12+ EU and Russian immigrants were sharing a house next door to ours. They were perfectly willing to live in such a manner but the council put a stop to it.

However employers should really be paying an amount closer to £8.25 for bottom tier work. The problem is most people are not willing to live in overcrowded housing and even then it's too expensive when you're paid the lower rates. Most employers then complain the rate is too high, but the truth of the matter is for a full time workers it's the amount required for a decent standard of life.

It seems to me that Russians cannot be living here legally, or at least it would be very difficult for them to get visas.

It is clear that our benefits system has been used to subsidise low wages - although, at the same time, I can understand why employers sometimes resent even paying that. There's a fine balance to be drawn here, and I don't really know what the answer is.

But it is clear that we shouldn't allow anyone, including immigrants, to live in overcrowded conditions. This however is a symptom of another problem, and that's the UK government encouraging those with capital to invest in property, and a fall in the amount of social housing available. If you know of people living in overcrowded conditions then you should also inform the authorities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending