The Student Room Group

Why won't other 'Nerds' accept me?

So I am a bit of a boffin, I work very hard at school and have very intense, and perhaps bizzare academic interests. I am however not your sterotypical nerd. If we were to type cast then I am 'popular' *cringes* I am also considered attractive and do attract male attention. However, when I try and make conversation/befriend the 'die hard' nerds who conform very much to the stereotype of being a bit eccentric they usually respond with either response a) they ignore me/try to brush me off b) they act as if I am beneath them. Why does this happen? It's like they just won't let me be one of them :colonhash:
Your categorizing unique people to as simple and derogatory term.
If you think your smart and look attractive your confidence or delusions appear to be a bit too high mate.
They're probably intimidated by you.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Lol you aren't a nerd if you're attractive the real nerds are social rejects who discuss obscure things for the lols - I'm one of them btw haha
Original post by Personinsertname
Your categorizing unique people to as simple and derogatory term.

I think so too
Reply 6
Original post by ODES_PDES
I think so too

I do not consider it derogatory, if you will then, the academically gifted and intrigued.
coz ya arrogant as fuk m8
Reply 8
Original post by BristolFresher15
They're probably intimidated by you.

Spoiler

Yeah sorry that was an interesting description on my behalf. Ok like orthodox 'nerds/geeks' we know the type.
Reply 9
Original post by KomradeKorbyn
coz ya arrogant as fuk m8

If you are told you are 'attractive' on a regular basis I wouldn't say it's arrogance. It isn't something I go brandishing around hence why I am on anon. I personally am oblivious to it and have low self esteem.
Original post by Anonymous
So I am a bit of a boffin, I work very hard at school and have very intense, and perhaps bizzare academic interests. I am however not your sterotypical nerd. If we were to type cast then I am 'popular' *cringes* I am also considered attractive and do attract male attention. However, when I try and make conversation/befriend the 'die hard' nerds who conform very much to the stereotype of being a bit eccentric they usually respond with either response a) they ignore me/try to brush me off b) they act as if I am beneath them. Why does this happen? It's like they just won't let me be one of them :colonhash:

slide in my DMs I love you, you'll always be my nerd
Original post by KINGYusuf
slide in my DMs I love you, you'll always be my nerd

Original post by Anonymous

But seriously they may be intimidated because of the attention you get cos of your appearance
Original post by Shiv Loves Maths
Lol you aren't a nerd if you're attractive the real nerds are social rejects who discuss obscure things for the lols - I'm one of them btw haha

As a nerd I can confirm this, today I spent 45 mins talking to someone on the train about why ferrets are banned on the channel tunnel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending