The Student Room Group

HELP! What should I do!?

Hi guys,
I have liked this girl since year 8 (I'm now in year 11), and still feel the same. I don't have much confidence though, so what should I do? Do I go for it or what?
That entirely depends on your current relations with her. Enlighten us.
Well we have been basically best friends since the start of year 7 and since year 8 I have liked her. We are still really good friends and talk nearly everyday and tell eachother all important information we can't trust anyone else with. I just don't know what to do...
Original post by Callum inglut
Well we have been basically best friends since the start of year 7 and since year 8 I have liked her. We are still really good friends and talk nearly everyday and tell eachother all important information we can't trust anyone else with. I just don't know what to do...

Can you quote when you respond? You get a notification and it makes it easier to respond.

Is she intimate with anybody else that you know of? It sounds honestly that you're in a decent position to act.
Original post by TercioOfParma
Can you quote when you respond? You get a notification and it makes it easier to respond.

Is she intimate with anybody else that you know of? It sounds honestly that you're in a decent position to act.

No she hasn't liked anyone since year 8 after she got out of a pretty short relationship though but I'm not sure if she likes me back?
No she hasn't liked anyone since year 8 after she got out of a pretty short relationship though but I'm not sure if she likes me back?

The fact that she hasn't had a relationship in so long probably means you're well positioned to start making moves.
The fact that she hasn't had a relationship in so long probably means you're well positioned to start making moves.

What things do i do to make some moves?
What things do i do to make some moves?

You know, compliments. See what you get back. Start off subtle and move up over the course of a few weeks.

You know her better than me, you know her boundaries.
You know, compliments. See what you get back. Start off subtle and move up over the course of a few weeks.

You know her better than me, you know her boundaries.

Ok thanks, but what signs should I look out for to see if she likes me back??
Ok thanks, but what signs should I look out for to see if she likes me back??

Complimenting you back, body language. Something like 60-70% of human communication is non-verbal, so pay attention to her cues.
Complimenting you back, body language. Something like 60-70% of human communication is non-verbal, so pay attention to her cues.

Thanks a lot!! You helped a lot! 😀
I would make a move and tell her if she would like to have coffee over the weekend or go for it tell her how much you like her.

Good luck! I wish you the very best.
Original post by Drax101
I would make a move and tell her if she would like to have coffee over the weekend or go for it tell her how much you like her.

Good luck! I wish you the very best.

Thanks! I took both of your advice, she agreed to meet at Starbucks for a drink and then i'll slowly merge in the topic and see he reaction.
Thanks again guys!!
Do you guys talk?
Are you already friends?

If so, change things and start hinting that you like her see how she reacts. You liked her for so long just go for it.
Thanks! I took both of your advice, she agreed to meet at Starbucks for a drink and then i'll slowly merge in the topic and see he reaction.
Thanks again guys!!

Congrats man!

This is a very positive indicator to move things forward. When you meet up tell her how gorgeous she looks and you find her smile so sexy. Be honest.

Good luck!
Thanks again guys!!

Let us know how it goes!
Let us know how it goes!

You could have potentially set this young man with a future relationship. Well done m8!
Learn to flirt, if she flirts back, back off, if she still shows interest shes serious.

Works everytime.
Let us know how it goes!

Hey, Sorry it took so long to get back to you but I eventually asked her out just over a week a go, at Prom as we were prom dates as friends so i asked her to be more than friend date, and she said yes!! I just wanted to thank you for all the advice you gave me!Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending