The Student Room Group

Loughborough vs Newcastle

Hi guys, can't decide whether to firm Loughborough or Newcastle, both courses very similar for 4 years doing business management with a year in industry. Love the campus at Lboro and also love sport however thinking nightlife isn't great and may get bored as I do enjoy my nights out? The city of Newcastle is fantastic also, any advice would be a great help, thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by tommowillo
Hi guys, can't decide whether to firm Loughborough or Newcastle, both courses very similar for 4 years doing business management with a year in industry. Love the campus at Lboro and also love sport however thinking nightlife isn't great and may get bored as I do enjoy my nights out? The city of Newcastle is fantastic also, any advice would be a great help, thanks.

Hi,

As a Criminology student I know very little about the Business as a course personally. However, it's fair to say that my friends doing Business love it! Many have been on great placements and the vast majority have already secured jobs in FTSE 100 companies... so can't be to bad!

When it comes to nightlife, Loughborough is great fun. Obviously it is not a city like Newcastle, but when students are at University, it is lively every night of the week. The SU has 3 nights and is the biggest SU in the country and the town has plenty to offer (go to Echos on a Saturday)! Friend visiting from other Uni's (including Newcastle) have always been impressed and had a great time.

In short... in my opinion if you come to Loughborough you will have a great time!

Loughborough is great for business, sport and has a very good nightlife.... Recently Loughborough won the Best UK Student Experience and I am not surprised!

Hope that helps and best of luck wherever you choose.
Reply 2
Don't go to Echos unless you want sticky shoes lol.
Reply 3
I've been to both unis (doing different course than yours) and in my opinion Loughborough is way better. I also think it's worth being in a small town, even though I sometimes miss Newcastle.
Heya, I've moved this to a more appropriate forum for you. :h:

It may be worth looking at this page for more uni-specific information.

I'm not sure if you've visited both unis (it sounds like you might have) but if not then it's definitely worth it to ask about the course, nightlife, see the city etc.
Reply 5
Original post by serayph
Don't go to Echos unless you want sticky shoes lol.

Best advice ever. And don't wear white shoes
Reply 6
Hi guys thanks for the advice, decided to firm Loughborough hope I've made the right decision!
Original post by tommowillo
Hi guys thanks for the advice, decided to firm Loughborough hope I've made the right decision!

Great to hear that you've chosen Loughborough!

We look forward to welcoming you in September :biggrin:

If you have any other questions in the meantime, just shout!

Teresa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending