The Student Room Group

Guys: are you reluctant to approach intimidating girls

Scroll to see replies

i make it a point to never interact or go out of my way to chase after girls (i have a 'whatever happens, happens' attitude about these things. works all the time. less stress and mind games); much less intimidating ones.

why should i spend my time trying to get you to 'soften'/drop the bitchy face and bitchy attitude when there are other girls who're open, friendly and a joy to be around?

if you're not friendly to talk to; then what's the point? i mean, there's a certain time in which the guys worry if they're harrassing the chick. that's all the time. same goes for chicks as well. we're humans. just as much as girls would also complain if the guy they're talking to is: 'boring/uninteresting/unfunny' or anything that doesn't fit their 'criteria'.

as much as girls are afraid to approach (hence the girls give hints to guys they like. which is idiotic tbh, because most girls then come on here to complain about why the guy isn't following their 'hints' whilst they've been hypocritcs in the first place and not said/gone after what they wanted); guys feel the exact same way. nerves, butterflies in stomach; whatever reason; guys feel the exact same way. so it's a bit stupid to start adding 'bitchy face' and 'bitchy personality' to the mix.

so the answer to the title is: yes. i avoid that avidly. i mean i'm out to have fun and meet new people; not feel terrible because i said 'hi'/whatever.
frankly, im not stating my opinion on the basis that i'd get rejection from approaching those 'bitch-faced' girls. far from it. for starters most of the time i'm not going to social venues to pull. and expecting to pull at social venues is stress. i'm only there to have fun; with fun people. therefore if i saw that you weren't fun and just standing there with an unfun face; then that's like a blackhole of negativity. i don't do those. after all, there is a reason why most girls state that they want to be around guys who look like they're having fun. i'd expect no less from girls.
(edited 8 years ago)
I get called a bitch sometimes by lads at my work; is this a good thing or a bad thing?
Bad unless your hot.
Reply 23
It could be a reason tbh. Some guys are intimidated by attractive girls and don't approach in fear of rejection or thinking they're far too out of their league. But it varies from guy to guy, some will approach whereas others won't.
Original post by Rakas21
Bad unless your hot.

I take it as a compliment personally. Not my.fault they're insecure, is it?
Reply 25
I have a sneaking suspicion there is atleast some nuggets of truth in what they say about you at work. They say the username a person chooses if often somewhat of a reflection of them, and if you're anything like your username "AngryRedhead" in real life then I can see how some might class you as a *****.

and to answer the OP, yes ... if a girl has a ***** face or something, i am much less likely to approach her vs a girl who looks friendly and approachable.

Whilst I am well aware of the fact sometimes girls look unapproachable when then infact they are not [and vice versa], it is still somewhat significantly easier psychologically to approach someone who looks friendly vs someone that does not.

also [personally i have found] that a lot of the ***** face girls, if they are infact approachable, once you get talking to them you realize they have negative or unfeminine personality traits too, like too dominant, bossy, over inflated sense of self worth, or just plain "difficult"

honestly, I am much more likely to approachable friendly looking people.
Yea I don't like tht look if they're not pretty, if they are pretty depending on my mood and the time and place I will approach even still
To me it's not intimidating it's just a sign she might be borin and entitled or insecure and don't wanna smile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending