The Student Room Group

Are exam papers already being distributed to centres?

I was walking past an UPS Van parked on the road the other day on the way from school and it had boxes with OCR logos printed all over it...
Papers are definitely printed
Guys lets organize this! Use codewords. Lets get the chocolates from the shop. Then we can distribute the contents in the internet. Free A* for everyone.
Now all we need is a alibi.
Original post by Personinsertname
Guys lets organize this! Use codewords. Lets get the chocolates from the shop. Then we can distribute the contents in the internet. Free A* for everyone.
Now all we need is a alibi.

I'm in.
Now we just need a theme music and the plan will unravel itself.
Original post by Personinsertname
Now we just need a theme music and the plan will unravel itself.

Ghostbusters comes to mind...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exams :frown:
i saw stacks of boxes in school, i wish i stole one and ran away :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by bulkybros100
I was walking past an UPS Van parked on the road the other day on the way from school and it had boxes with OCR logos printed all over it...

Those are the may exam papers :smile:

June exams come later.
most likely...
our teacher said for our subject last year someone stole gcse and a level exam papers in the royal mail van, so they had to notify schools/colleges to use the substitute paper which apparently was easy,,,

Spoiler

It's times like these where I really wish I had an invisibility cloak...
Original post by bizzy_penguin
most likely...
our teacher said for our subject last year someone stole gcse and a level exam papers in the royal mail van, so they had to notify schools/colleges to use the substitute paper which apparently was easy,,,

Spoiler

Replacement papers are sometimes harder than the originals though. Everyone was mad about the A2 Psychology papers being stolen because the replacement paper messed up everyone's predictions :laugh:
You planning a raid bruh?
Original post by Oiseaux
Replacement papers are sometimes harder than the originals though. Everyone was mad about the A2 Psychology papers being stolen because the replacement paper messed up everyone's predictions :laugh:

omg... our teacher said one was a sociology paper - one of the questions were - what is a household?
oh dear that sounds bad... though colleges probably don't expect to use the paper in the first place... wonder if the actual paper was released onto the exam boards past papers website....
Original post by Oiseaux

That was exactly the case with Edexcel C2 last year
Reply 15
I don't know, I saw a large box with OCR printed on and I asked my teacher. He opened it up and it was the mark schemes for the controlled assessments that had just been sent by post, no exam papers.

He said the papers would never be sent and left in a school building. Apparently they arrive on the day of the exam.
One of my teachers said the papers have been in schools for months, locked in a safe and then it is opened on the day of the exam.
Original post by ATardy1
I don't know, I saw a large box with OCR printed on and I asked my teacher. He opened it up and it was the mark schemes for the controlled assessments that had just been sent by post, no exam papers.

He said the papers would never be sent and left in a school building. Apparently they arrive on the day of the exam.

He's having you on. In 2013 a package was missing when a courier was delivering papers to a school. They had time to do a last check of the papers that had been written for the next session, get them printed and then sent out to schools.
Reply 18
Original post by tiny hobbit
He's having you on. In 2013 a package was missing when a courier was delivering papers to a school. They had time to do a last check of the papers that had been written for the next session, get them printed and then sent out to schools.

I suppose, but if everything was planned very well and there were no issues with distribution, sending papers on the day of the exam or the day before might be a good idea.

Or they could get those armed guys from G4S to deliver them... I don't suppose that would be very practical though :biggrin:
Original post by NotNotBatman
One of my teachers said the papers have been in schools for months, locked in a safe and then it is opened on the day of the exam.

Would be so funny if they couldn't open it or lost the key on the day of the exam

Quick Reply

Latest