The Student Room Group

Interview help

Hey so I have an interview at Topshop on Thursday..
I'm struggling with what to wear in particular. I've searched google/glassdoor etc and I can't find anything recent really.
Also if anyone knows the sort of questions they'll ask/types of tasks,that would be very helpful, cheers!
Don't risk wearing informal clothes, wear formal clothes.

Not sure on the questions. But you can always prep for the generic questions like:

What can you tell me about yourself?

Can you list your strengths?

What weaknesses do you have?

Why should I consider hiring you?

Where do you see yourself five years from now?

Why do you want to work here?

What is your salary expectation?

What motivates you?

What makes a good team player?

What skills do you hope to use for this job?

What previous experience do you have?

@undercxver thank you,yeah I was going to prepare for generics questions
and as for the dressing formally i guess that's safer but i don't want to look boring??
blazer, black trousers and a white blouse. it does sound boring for a trendy shop but i have a friend that works at Primark and thats what Primark required, ive also seen people get rejected from Mcdonalds for not dressing formally so i wouldnt risk it
Original post by PinkAcid
blazer, black trousers and a white blouse. it does sound boring for a trendy shop but i have a friend that works at Primark and thats what Primark required, ive also seen people get rejected from Mcdonalds for not dressing formally so i wouldnt risk it

yeah I'm probably gonna wear trousers and a blouse
lol nah mcdonald's don't care when i went in for my interview was wearing jeans and a flannel
Original post by jawsontheflooor
@undercxver thank you,yeah I was going to prepare for generics questions
and as for the dressing formally i guess that's safer but i don't want to look boring??

Think of it as a rule to dress formally. Just because you're going to be dressed smart doesn't mean you will look boring. Wear a blouse and skirt/trousers and maybe a blazer if you like. It would look great. :closedeyes:
i got an interview for college 2morro :smile:

just improvise srs,

jus say wht u feel :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending