The Student Room Group

Really need help: Birmingham or Bath Uni. Opinions please!!!

Hi,

I really can't decide between these two uni's - I've been to both and liked them both.

There are so many factors though: I feel like Bath is more prestigious, and has a better placement year. I would choose Bath but my main concern is the nightlife and social life.

I feel like Birmingham might be more fun as it is a large city, with loads of clubs etc and so much to do. I'm also into music, so i feel like the scene for gigging will be better in birmingham. Having said that, i suppose Bath is a nicer place, and a better uni overall?

Can anyone offer opinions on these? Would bath be boring, or is there plenty to do?

Thanks everyone, running out of time to decide between these two :s
Original post by Arabtbt
Hi,

I really can't decide between these two uni's - I've been to both and liked them both.

There are so many factors though: I feel like Bath is more prestigious, and has a better placement year. I would choose Bath but my main concern is the nightlife and social life.

I feel like Birmingham might be more fun as it is a large city, with loads of clubs etc and so much to do. I'm also into music, so i feel like the scene for gigging will be better in birmingham. Having said that, i suppose Bath is a nicer place, and a better uni overall?

Can anyone offer opinions on these? Would bath be boring, or is there plenty to do?

Heya :h: which subject are you hoping to study?

I'm a second year at Bath and can say that Bath is a lovely place to be in all of the different aspects, like accommodation, campus, satisfaction etc.

Bath is quite small but there are still a few choices of clubs/bars in the city as well as some nights on campus, and if you get bored, Bristol is not that far away and some people go there on nights out from time to time, and the placement year is invaluable.
Reply 2
Original post by Arabtbt
Hi,

Can I ask what uni you ended up choosing?

Quick Reply

Latest