The Student Room Group

I HATE grime music

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by splashywill
don't worry, I don't like it or listen and I am letting people listen to whatever they want. All i'm saying is i really don't get how it's become so popular because in my opinion it doesn't sound good at all

and what exactly does "good" sound like?
haha i remember this kid back in the day

lmao you remember that lanky chav who was like 10 years older than the rest of them
I really don't understand why so many UK teens are following this grime culture. The music is genuinely unpleasant to listen to and it promotes really chavy behaviour like taking drugs wearing a tracksuit... Anyone else think the same?

How would you feel if I said, 'I HATE you' ?????
Original post by GO97
and what exactly does "good" sound like?

well it's all based on opinion i guess, but to me grime is on par with death metal in that I just don't understand how it's possible for anyone to actually enjoy..
:headfire::headfire::headfire:

[video="youtube;C7xA8Hzuyac"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7xA8Hzuyac[/video]
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
How would you feel if I said, 'I HATE you' ?????

Confused angry scared cold and hungry
RACIST! RACIST! RACIST! RACIST! #TheStudentRoomSoWhite

Just joking; pretending to be one of the many arrogant liberals in the world and on TSR.

I hate grime music as well.
Confused angry scared cold and hungry

Nope, that is simply exaggeration... Good use of words though :biggrin:
Original post by similarBlank
RACIST! RACIST! RACIST! RACIST! #TheStudentRoomSoWhite

Just joking; pretending to be one of the many arrogant liberals in the world and on TSR.

I hate grime music as well.

Thing is though, i'd say white kids are the majority of the following.. or at least where i live
I really don't understand why so many UK teens are following this grime culture. The music is genuinely unpleasant to listen to and it promotes really chavy behaviour like taking drugs wearing a tracksuit... Anyone else think the same?

I agree :tongue:
Thing is though, i'd say white kids are the majority of the following.. or at least where i live

Agreed, you're probably right. Some of these kids often try to emulate black culture. (Parodied by Sacha Baron Cohen with his character Ali G who actually thought he was black.)

I was just making a reference to a hashtag that became popular after the Brits having no grime music and thus being, apparently, racist. #BritsSoWhite

This, again, is youths trying to emulate another culture. Shortly before in America you had #OscarsSoWhite, it's a clear copycat just "British" idiots trying to copy everyone else.

It really annoys me that Britain is losing so much culture unique to it.

Your point applies to the actual music itself as well. Compare the production ten years ago, to a track that would be considered by most to be Grime in 2016 and the latter is very likely to sound like Trap music. Sure, Grime is influenced by Hip-Hop, but it was influenced by Garage and Jungle also and you could hear that in the beats, it had an original sound but as time has gone on it's slowly just merged with American music.

This is what it should sound like.

But this is what it sounds like the majority of the time. (Click the first track - note the name of the track and album.)
(edited 7 years ago)
Who evn is STORMYZ?
Reply 33

shut up you dickhead come to my endz watch me and my boys will dust you little prick

dont ever throw dirt on grime yh, man will come there and bust your dutty face in
Reply 34

Shut up you wasteman this is britains culture yh accept it you stupid prick or ill shank you and your dusty face
Reply 35
Original post by Imperion
Who evn is STORMYZ?

Stormzy is jesus's second coming
Reply 36
Original post by Imperion
Who evn is STORMYZ?

It's STORMZY :colonhash:

At least spell it right :colonhash:
Reply 37
well it's all based on opinion i guess, but to me grime is on par with death metal in that I just don't understand how it's possible for anyone to actually enjoy..

i believe u just answered ur own thread
Original post by ZuluK
It's STORMZY :colonhash:

At least spell it right :colonhash:

Stormyz to me

Original post by skengboy
Stormzy is jesus's second coming

... Yet to see miracles
Original post by Humiliation
I don't even listen to grime, but how can you try and generalise the entirety of ANY genre of music as "crappy"?

What counts as "good" music to you then?

And to call anyone that listens to it an idiot, K.

Yepp, I agree. Everybody has their own tastes in music.

Quick Reply

Latest