The Student Room Group

Further Maths AS - Gets a reduced offer???

Help!
So I'm going through further maths AS (FP1 is quite hard but Stats is a walk) and was considering dropping it if my FP1 grade was bad, but does a mediocre AS result mean I might get a reduced offer for uni even though I want to to geography at uni which is relatively unrelated. Im doing Maths, F Maths, Physics and Geog at AS, is it a wise choice to continue F Maths AS too in case my Physics grade isnt what I hoped for entry (AAA Bristol)?

THANKS!
Reply 1
I did for compsci from Bristol but idk geog isn't as related to maths as comspci so i'd doubt it
Original post by ekulluked
Help!
So I'm going through further maths AS (FP1 is quite hard but Stats is a walk) and was considering dropping it if my FP1 grade was bad, but does a mediocre AS result mean I might get a reduced offer for uni even though I want to to geography at uni which is relatively unrelated. Im doing Maths, F Maths, Physics and Geog at AS, is it a wise choice to continue F Maths AS too in case my Physics grade isnt what I hoped for entry (AAA Bristol)?

THANKS!

Further Maths AS is very easy.

FP1 is as easy or easier than C2. Anything you're not understanding simply watch videos on HegartyMaths and ExamSolutions. Make sure you practice questions in the textbook aswell
Reply 3
Original post by HelpMylifePlzz
Further Maths AS is very easy.

FP1 is as easy or easier than C2. Anything you're not understanding simply watch videos on HegartyMaths and ExamSolutions. Make sure you practice questions in the textbook aswell

Cheers for the sites mate :smile:
I did AS further maths and have applied for engineering but I've never seen a reduced offer mentioned so I doubt it, perhaps if you were to do maths at uni.
Reply 5
Original post by ekulluked
Help!

THANKS!

No you wouldn't get a reduced offer for Geography in this case. Also for some humanities courses, Maths and FM are counted as a single A-level so do check entry requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest