The Student Room Group

Ramadan and GCSE support thread

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
don't fast focus on your exams u only get one shot at them and make up the fast later after ramadan
Reply 2
You could do a trial run: like fast for the first day,see how you feel and if you know you can't do it then don't
If you felt fine then that means you could probably do it :smile:
Don't do it if you think it will hold you back. Exams should be priority.
Reply 4
Original post by MevMev
don't fast focus on your exams u only get one shot at them and make up the fast later after ramadan

You only get one shot at this life too, what's going to matter in the hereafter, her exams or good deeds?

OP fasting is compulsory and you will have to fast whether you have an exam or not.
You shouldn't worry too much, it's only a practice exam like you said.
Just drink plenty of water at suhoor and make sure you eat well.
Take any vitamins if you need to as well.

May Allah make your exams easy for you.
Reply 5
Sorry, but Allah is not going to give you your grades unless you study for it.
Don't fast, study, and succeed.
Reply 6
Original post by HAnwar
You only get one shot at this life too, what's going to matter in the hereafter, her exams or good deeds?

OP fasting is compulsory and you will have to fast whether you have an exam or not.

What's the point fasting then. In the name of God, you're going to ruin your exam results?
Study
Don't fast. you will be surprised how much allah will not help you at all if you do fast, you will gain nothing by fasting, but by not you will gain more.
mocks?
Reply 10
Original post by spv
What's the point fasting then. In the name of God, you're going to ruin your exam results?

You're not going to fail by fasting please :rolleyes:

Unless OP has a genuine medical condition she isn't excused from fasting.

Plenty of students fast every year and they do just fine.
Original post by spv

You can fast, study and succeed.
mate they're mocks, fast. no point in making up for it later when you could do it now. i fasted in my mocks and im fasting in my gcses. gcses are literally maximum 2hrs 15 mins. besides, you cant eat in there anyway, why do you need food. and uness you cant focus without water then fast
Original post by HAnwar

i agree im fasting this year during my gcses inshAllah! my friend who is currently in yr 13 fasted during her gcses and was not affected
Reply 14
Original post by HAnwar

Original post by Leukocyte
You can fast, study and succeed.

You both miss the fact that OP said they get migraines, plus a sudden change in diet and blood pressure is bound to affect OP, considering according to him/her, he/she's "weak".

Without studying properly, no God is going to give OP a better grade. You say take vitamins, but if you're fasting, doesn't that just detract from what you're fasting for, so what's the point? :colonhash:
Original post by spv

fasting wont prevent you from studying....
besides if you read the OP you would notice its a practice exam week therefore mocks...which usually dont account to anything
Reply 16
Original post by HAnwar

Would your reply be the same if she had an actual exam rather than a practice one?

Yeah fair enough you get one shot at life BUT it's more important to do well in exams which could lead to great opportunities in the future, rather than doing poorly and ending up in bad situation e.g. unemployed in the future - doing good deeds won't fix OP's situation.

OP if you know you get migraines, don't fast. I have Muslim friends and they make up their fasts at a later date if they miss a day due to feeling unwell. In this case your exams are important and you need water to stay hydrated and to take into your exam and a good breakfast.
Reply 17
Original post by sfaraj
i agree im fasting this year during my gcses inshAllah! my friend who is currently in yr 13 fasted during her gcses and was not affected

Masha Allah that's great to hear :smile: Insha Allah they go well.
Yeah I had friends that did A levels and they fasted through it, and they did well.
Allah guides you through it.
Reply 18
Original post by sfaraj
fasting wont prevent you from studying....
besides if you read the OP you would notice its a practice exam week therefore mocks...which usually dont account to anything

The whole point of it being practise, is to make it feel like the real exam to give a semi-accurate representation of the student's progress at that moment if they were to take the exam right then and there. So, I beg to differ; it does matter!
Original post by aarora
Would your reply be the same if she had an actual exam rather than a practice one?

Yeah fair enough you get one shot at life BUT it's more important to do well in exams which could lead to great opportunities in the future, rather than doing poorly and ending up in bad situation e.g. unemployed in the future - doing good deeds won't fix OP's situation.

Yes it would be the same case.

Fasting does not lower your chances of getting the best grade you can.

You're not going to take your grades to the grave with you, are you?

Quick Reply

Latest