The Student Room Group

Who can help me with my core gcses ?

Currently revising for my gcses that are taking place in May! Really nervous ! Any tips ??
Reply 1
Take them seriously is my advice - I made the mistake of revising last minute. But don't over stress about them, when I took my GCSEs I couldn't get the simplest concepts into my head because I thought they were way too complicated, but just take it slow and just do past papers. Past papers saved my life, literally. There are only so many different types of questions they can ask you, so if you do loads of past papers, you'll learn how to answer each type of question. You'll do great!
Reply 2
Thankyou so much !
Reply 3
Ah gcses! I remember taking them last year 😃 Firstly remember that they are quite important, so don't procastinste much (but take a break whenever it's necessary). The way I revised was firstly obviously pastpapers!! They are literally your best friends when it comes to gcses. Also make sure you time youself while doing the paper. Try solving your textbook questions. They should help a lot! Good luck!!
Reply 4
Original post by vaish_28
Ah gcses! I remember taking them last year 😃 Firstly remember that they are quite important, so don't procastinste much (but take a break whenever it's necessary). The way I revised was firstly obviously pastpapers!! They are literally your best friends when it comes to gcses. Also make sure you time youself while doing the paper. Try solving your textbook questions. They should help a lot! Good luck!!

Thankyou so much !!
Reply 5
Even though revision is important, don't revise too much.
Don't bid farewell to your social life rofl

I'm going to have my first exam in 9 days and the way I have revised is through setting up a revision plan about what to do each day - you should do it too, because I'm sure you've heard it to but if you fail to plan you plan to fail.

My teachers have always suggested 3 hours as an appropriate amount of time to revise on a school day - so don't cram everything in one night!
Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by KanL
Even though revision is important, don't revise too much.
Don't bid farewell to your social life rofl

I'm going to have my first exam in 9 days and the way I have revised is through setting up a revision plan about what to do each day - you should do it too, because I'm sure you've heard it to but if you fail to plan you plan to fail.

My teachers have always suggested 3 hours as an appropriate amount of time to revise on a school day - so don't cram everything in one night!
Good luck :biggrin:
Thankyou !x
I'm doing gcses this year as well. I signed up for getrevising and downloaded powerpoints. I'm making flash cards so you know all the facts in science and you can test yourself. Go through past papers and learn what you don't know afterwards ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Jodie_mort
I'm doing gcses this year as well. I signed up for getrevising and downloaded powerpoints. I'm making flash cards so you know all the facts in science and you can test yourself. Go through past papers and learn what you don't know afterwards ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou , would you say flash cards work ?
Yes it's defo helped me as I've learnt every date in history and loads of equations and methods for science :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Jodie_mort
Yes it's defo helped me as I've learnt every date in history and loads of equations and methods for science :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou so much ! Will try that out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending