The Student Room Group

Girls who for wait for guys to ask them out are extremely unattractive

I mean it's 2016. And everywhere you look women are shouting from the rooftops about how much they want equality. But it seems that when it comes to some things they aren't in any hurry to receive it. The usual excuses are :

''men don't want to be asked out, it emasculates them'' - nonsense, most men would be thrilled to have a girl ask them out, you have no idea how many of them almost have a seizure when a girl looks at them for more than 2 sec

''I'm too shy'' - so are most men, especially in today's West where they've been raised in feminized society and they're labeled as rapists and creeps simply for looking in the general direction of a woman, if anything it's even more stressful for them since their chances of rejection are higher

''I asked a guy and he said no, it was humiliating, not doing it again'' - well, guess what, guys have done that too (again and again and again) and in women's case it's mostly because they ask out guys who are ''top of the food chain'' so of course you'll be far more likely to get rejected ( older women do the same thing in online dating, they ask the few good looking doctors, lawyers etc on there then moan about how they got rejected and ragequit)

''I'm traditional that way'' : how convenient to pick your ''traditions'', do you also speak only when spoken to by a man? Do you believe the wife should cook, clean and obey her husband?

Again, it's 2016, not 1956. So embrace equality in all its forms, not just the juicy bits.

Scroll to see replies

Sorry, that's biology, and no rant will change that.
I think things would be easier if both sides stopped playing games.
Reply 3
Original post by Rock Fan
I think things would be easier if both sides stopped playing games.

Common sense
:smile:
:congrats::rofl:
I think girls should go for a guy if they want, I mean what does that have to do with equality and feminism, you want it you go get it. But guys need to be more of go getters, this generation of guys are wimps and lost puppies.
Original post by Erebor
I mean it's 2016. And everywhere you look women are shouting from the rooftops about how much they want equality. But it seems that when it comes to some things they aren't in any hurry to receive it. The usual excuses are :

''men don't want to be asked out, it emasculates them'' - nonsense, most men would be thrilled to have a girl ask them out, you have no idea how many of them almost have a seizure when a girl looks at them for more than 2 sec

''I'm too shy'' - so are most men, especially in today's West where they've been raised in feminized society and they're labeled as rapists and creeps simply for looking in the general direction of a woman, if anything it's even more stressful for them since their chances of rejection are higher

''I asked a guy and he said no, it was humiliating, not doing it again'' - well, guess what, guys have done that too (again and again and again) and in women's case it's mostly because they ask out guys who are ''top of the food chain'' so of course you'll be far more likely to get rejected ( older women do the same thing in online dating, they ask the few good looking doctors, lawyers etc on there then moan about how they got rejected and ragequit)

''I'm traditional that way'' : how convenient to pick your ''traditions'', do you also speak only when spoken to by a man? Do you believe the wife should cook, clean and obey her husband?

Again, it's 2016, not 1956. So embrace equality in all its forms, not just the juicy bits.

I love that there are guys like you who actually come out and say stuff like this.

I tell people I've asked guys out before and I feel like a social pariah
Original post by xobeauty
I think girls should go for a guy if they want, I mean what does that have to do with equality and feminism, you want it you go get it. But guys need to be more of go getters, this generation of guys are wimps and lost puppies.

Well a lot of that is down to education, and some have even said increased amounts of estrogen in the water supply
Original post by TercioOfParma
Well a lot of that is down to education, and some have even said increased amounts of estrogen in the water supply

Are you talking about females?
You've approached a guy in public and asked for his number? I think that's what OP is talking about.
Are you talking about females?

No, I am talking about men becoming feminised as you were saying that men have become wimps.
Original post by TercioOfParma
No, I am talking about men becoming feminised as you were saying that men have become wimps.

They can't even ask a girl out through text never mind to their face or on the phone. It's so pathetic.
You've approached a guy in public and asked for his number? I think that's what OP is talking about.

Yes, if only if it was on the behalf of someone else
I asked a guy at work out in the middle of shift (not even 'do you want to go out for coffee or any bs like that) just straight up; will you go out with me?
They can't even ask a girl out through text never mind to their face or on the phone. It's so pathetic.

Yes, and I am providing reasoning to that.

It's also kinda hard to ask a girl out who you aren't sure you feel for or not too. Admittedly I have that issue but I wouldn't describe myself as pathetic.
Reply 14
I wouldn't say it's unattractive, merely that someone can't reasonably complain that they aren't with anyone if they don't make an effort themselves
If I liked a guy I'd ask him out. No mind games. But then again, not everyone is as forward
I do get your point, I can see where your coming from. How can you expect men to overcome that shyness? they fear rejection too. It's not really fair.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I do get your point, I can see where your coming from. How can you expect to overcome that shyness? they fear rejection too. It's not really fair.

Bravery is not defined as an absence of fear but feeling the fear and doing it anyway. The best way to overcome it, is by just doing it

A guy in the second year of my chemistry class had to down some beer to even pluck up the courage to ask me out over text. I kind of understand why it's hard for guys to ask girls out though; some women can be brutal with their rejections
Yes of course but I was suggesting that women have have the same fears yet we expect men to do all the courting, it's unfair really.

Latest

Trending

Trending