The Student Room Group

4Ds to 4As in a month?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ronnydandam
triple sci and maths

Totally possible. I went from a D in my A level Biology mock (which was in April btw) to a B overall. If you're smart, you can nail it.
Yeah if you revise 24/7
Original post by Bulletzone
Firstly, Forget what everyone is saying about it being impossible.
You can do the Impossible, because you have been through the Imaginable.-Christnna Ramasen

Sorry, but If I did not tell myself that I would not be where I am today.
I am doing French as one of my GCSE's and if you look back at one of the threads I created, I said I got an E/D in both my reading and Listening. Now did I tell myself I'm going to go to Foundation and just get a C?
NO!
I started learning Vocab, Playing French Games. Meditating.
Now look at me, I have got an A* in all 4 Mock exams.

Don't give up bro. What makes things Impossible is your state of mind.
Always Remember Impossible can become I'm Possible.
Work Hard and even if you don't get an A, You can still pull a B.

GCSE's are piss easy in comparison to A-levels so not really a good example, also considering that I was basically at highest a D grade in my french listening and reading at GCSE and then did a few days revision before the exams and got an A*, honestly same cannot be applied for A-level, unfortunately :frown:
I think 4ds to 4as should of been phrased to 2As and 2Bs or something similar lol
Original post by Dysprosium
Possible, seriously my class recently sat the second set of physics specimen papers and like no one go higher than a c. Hopefully, the real thing won't be as hard.

hope so too!
Original post by richpanda
Maybe not 4As, but definitely 1 or 2 if you are currently at Ds.

we shall see :wink:
Original post by Bulletzone
Firstly, Forget what everyone is saying about it being impossible.
You can do the Impossible, because you have been through the Imaginable.-Christnna Ramasen

Sorry, but If I did not tell myself that I would not be where I am today.
I am doing French as one of my GCSE's and if you look back at one of the threads I created, I said I got an E/D in both my reading and Listening. Now did I tell myself I'm going to go to Foundation and just get a C?
NO!
I started learning Vocab, Playing French Games. Meditating.
Now look at me, I have got an A* in all 4 Mock exams.

Don't give up bro. What makes things Impossible is your state of mind.
Always Remember Impossible can become I'm Possible.
Work Hard and even if you don't get an A, You can still pull a B.

thanks man i appreciate that and congrats on your A*s
Original post by Noara
Totally possible. I went from a D in my A level Biology mock (which was in April btw) to a B overall. If you're smart, you can nail it.

thanks beaut I hope I can :u:
Original post by OddFuturez
I think 4ds to 4as should of been phrased to 2As and 2Bs or something similar lol

we shall see :wink:
Definitely possible, if you put a lot of work in :smile:
Original post by milliethemoo

thank you :smile: define a lot haha? I've tried to do loads over the last 2 days but not quite as much as I'd have liked but still an improvement :biggrin:
Definitely not impossible, but highly unlikely.
Good luck nonetheless

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sacred Ground
Definitely not impossible, but highly unlikely.
Good luck nonetheless

Posted from TSR Mobile

cheers
Original post by ronnydandam
cheers

I genuinely hope you prove us all wrong
Reply 34
You could maybe get to all B's, or some B's and some C's. At most I'd say you could get one A at the cost of other subjects, but definitely don't do that.

I'd say don't work with a specific grade in mind, just try and cover the whole spec as best you can for all subjects and see what happens. I don't think there's much more you can do at this stage really, working to get a specific (very high) grade would just burn you out.
Original post by Sacred Ground
I genuinely hope you prove us all wrong

and so do I :wink: I'll update y'all on my progress soon
Original post by Cari98
You could maybe get to all B's, or some B's and some C's. At most I'd say you could get one A at the cost of other subjects, but definitely don't do that.

I'd say don't work with a specific grade in mind, just try and cover the whole spec as best you can for all subjects and see what happens. I don't think there's much more you can do at this stage really, working to get a specific (very high) grade would just burn you out.

thanks man for the advice, will bear that in mind, i appreciate it
You need a miracle.
:biggrin:
Original post by milliethemoo

:redface:
Original post by ODES_PDES
You need a miracle.
:biggrin:

Indeed :colonhash: Since postiing this thread I have done work though and I am doing papers today, current working grades to be updated shortly

Quick Reply

Latest