The Student Room Group

17 and treated like a baby

I'm seventeen i've always been a goody-twoshoes but recently i've been questioning all my mum's rule im unsure if she's trying to protect me or can't let me go. I wanted to sleep round a friends house who's my bestfriend but my mum will find every excuse that i can't go. Keep in mine that i've slept round mates houses from the age of 11-15 but when i got into college she just didn't approve of anything. I don't do drugs but i'm in a relationship for about 6 months now but won't even let me out without me saying that i've got college.

Help any advice?

I want freedom but don't want to pack up and go to get it, I've checked all my rights and nothing for this kind of thing
i am 17 too but treated like a mother of a 2 years old child and a housewife :redface:
Original post by DisplyEmily
I'm seventeen i've always been a goody-twoshoes but recently i've been questioning all my mum's rule im unsure if she's trying to protect me or can't let me go. I wanted to sleep round a friends house who's my bestfriend but my mum will find every excuse that i can't go. Keep in mine that i've slept round mates houses from the age of 11-15 but when i got into college she just didn't approve of anything. I don't do drugs but i'm in a relationship for about 6 months now but won't even let me out without me saying that i've got college.

Help any advice?

I want freedom but don't want to pack up and go to get it, I've checked all my rights and nothing for this kind of thing

I know how you feel. I recently turned 18 but I'm so protected it is unbearable. I gave up with wanting freedom as once university comes, I will have lots of it.
If you have been going out for 6 months and are 17 I would probably say not staying the night is a good idea, there is a lot of moral questions to ask, and one is consequences, now I'm guessing you would get up to things that are of a sexual nature, now are you ready to accept all of the consequences.

If so go ahead but think long and hard because once that choice has been made its not reversible.
And remember don't rush anything, there is no need at all!
Give her a reason to treat you like an adult.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending