The Student Room Group

Girlfriend of four years cheated on me, broke up with her 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, as the title indicates, i broke up with my girlfriend of four years 2 weeks ago, i found out recently she had cheated on me 8 times throughout our relationship, she was always very cold towards me and very snide.

She would text me two or three times throughout the day at times, however when i was with her she always had her phone in her hand, to start off with for the first time,

She had gone out drinking with a friend and on that occasion saw someone she went to school with, she then went outside the pub with him and had sex with him, she was wearing a long dress however claimed it was a *Mistake*

Second Time, she met up with another guy they went to mcdonalds, he took her to the stables too see his horses, and they then had sex in his car

Third time, we had an argument, another friend of hers inboxed her asking her if she was okay, then then agreed to meet up where he then took her back to his and, surprise surprise, had sex with her.

Fourth time, she went out clubbing and saw ANOTHER Male friend where they started dancing and she started kissing him, then she went outside the club and got fingered by him

Fifth time sixth time and eighth time i had had enough at this point of feeling like there were many secrets, checked her phone, she had sent dirty pictures, texts and videos

It's emotionally damaged me for the worst part, i gave her everything i could and i tried to make her as happy as i could, i treated her like i thought she deserved to be treated, and all of this has made me really really damaged and confused.

However i cant stop thinking about it? and she also said it was my fault it all happened.

Scroll to see replies

Why didn't you break up after the first time?
Original post by TercioOfParma
Why didn't you break up after the first time?

i only became aware of everything around a month ago..
You're well rid fam. It's projection and I have never been witness to the type of "mistake" where you find Nigel dicking you behind the pub bins, Stella in hand. You'll move on soon, nobody here is probably going to take your mind off it, but it definitely wasn't your fault :nah:
Original post by RandomBadgerino
i only became aware of everything around a month ago..

Why didn't you break up with her a month ago?
Reply 5
Reply 6
Definitely not your fault, clearly she is not the type of woman you want to build a future with or one day raise a family with so I say go out there have a drink with some friends and try to forget all about it.. (even if it's only for a few hours)

there's no excuse for her not coming to you and presenting her issues, sounds like she's a loose cannon and once she realises that none of those men she slept with take her as seriously as you did or even care, she'll come running back. (where you will have the upper hand and can decide if you're willing to forgive or forget?) maybe one day you both can even discuss the issue as past exes in a situation where you still don't have feelings for her or want her back in any way.

Good luck, I've been there :smile:
Why didn't you break up with her a month ago?

I had been away doing my OSB For officer entry training for the army, which to me was more of a priority than confronting her, which i did after i passed and got back
Reply 8
Hey guys, as the title indicates, i broke up with my girlfriend of four years 2 weeks ago, i found out recently she had cheated on me 8 times throughout our relationship, she was always very cold towards me and very snide.

She would text me two or three times throughout the day at times, however when i was with her she always had her phone in her hand, to start off with for the first time,

She had gone out drinking with a friend and on that occasion saw someone she went to school with, she then went outside the pub with him and had sex with him, she was wearing a long dress however claimed it was a *Mistake*

Second Time, she met up with another guy they went to mcdonalds, he took her to the stables too see his horses, and they then had sex in his car

Third time, we had an argument, another friend of hers inboxed her asking her if she was okay, then then agreed to meet up where he then took her back to his and, surprise surprise, had sex with her.

Fourth time, she went out clubbing and saw ANOTHER Male friend where they started dancing and she started kissing him, then she went outside the club and got fingered by him

Fifth time sixth time and eighth time i had had enough at this point of feeling like there were many secrets, checked her phone, she had sent dirty pictures, texts and videos

It's emotionally damaged me for the worst part, i gave her everything i could and i tried to make her as happy as i could, i treated her like i thought she deserved to be treated, and all of this has made me really really damaged and confused.

However i cant stop thinking about it? and she also said it was my fault it all happened.

**** man

Crazy little bitch. Bad enough once but 8 times. Hope you've deleted, erased all trace of her, social media, fb etc. Don't let her crawl back into your life bro.

Erase her thoughts and get dating, you'll find a girl who's not like that and deserving of you

Goodluck :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had been away doing my OSB For officer entry training for the army, which to me was more of a priority than confronting her, which i did after i passed and got back

You should be proud of yourself for getting rid of her as soon as you could. She sounds very unpleasant.
Original post by SMEGGGY
**** man

Crazy little bitch. Bad enough once but 8 times. Hope you've deleted, erased all trace of her, social media, fb etc. Don't let her crawl back into your life bro.

Erase her thoughts and get dating, you'll find a girl who's not like that and deserving of you

Goodluck :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I Forget to mention she had also been giving a guy blowjobs and ****ing another guy at work (2 guys in her work place too)

I just can't seem to process it, or understand why
You should be proud of yourself for getting rid of her as soon as you could. She sounds very unpleasant.

Thanks man, just a waste of four years unfortunately!

Honestly feel sorry for you. Dont ever think about her again. She doesnt deserve to even see you. Shes disrepecys herself so how will she respect you.

This generation....is actually messed up. I blame society.
I think the worst part is, not the fact that she cheated on you but, had the audacity to say it was all your fault. These are actually 2 of the worst traits in women ive noticed 1) shift the blame 2) Dismiss everything nice youve done for her when the going gets tough

Ofcourse this is not a conclusive representation nor exclusive solely to that gender but a definite problem from a significant population amount of that gender.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mentally
I think the worst part is, not the fact that she cheated on you but, had the audacity to say it was all your fault. These are actually 2 of the worst traits in women ive noticed 1) shift the blame 2) Dismiss everything nice youve done for her when the going gets tough

Ofcourse this is not a conclusive representationn or exclusive solely to that gender but a definite poblem from a significant population amount of that gender.

She said its because me and her had an argument aswell, which i found unbelievable
As for OP, sorry to hear about this man. This is one of the worst things, because she was being very deceptive doing things behind your back.

Honestly, I dont see the point of clubbing unless you are looking to hookup with someone. People who say its "fun" are just looking for an excuse to sl*t up.
There should be no reason to go clubbing when you are in a relationship.

All I can advise for you OP is to remember what she did, use that to be more warey of the girls you meet.
Iv said this many times on this forum, but when I started uni, every girl that had a BF that i knew, all cheated. And they all played their deceptive games on their BFs. I dont think they ever found out. Perhaps you are one of them.
(edited 7 years ago)
She said its because me and her had an argument aswell, which i found unbelievable

Get rid of her asap.

Blessing in disguise.
Woah, cheating once is terrible enough but 8 TIMES?! How could she even have continued after all of those guys?

You've definitely had a lucky escape and deserve someone better than that, as you sound like a hardworker and have respect for people.

I'm a little confused of how much detail you have of all 8 men...did she tell you this??
Original post by DanielleT192
Woah, cheating once is terrible enough but 8 TIMES?! How could she even have continued after all of those guys?

You've definitely had a lucky escape and deserve someone better than that, as you sound like a hardworker and have respect for people.

I'm a little confused of how much detail you have of all 8 men...did she tell you this??

No, i found texts/inboxes indicating towards it so i asked the guys what happened and they confirmed it, its emotionally damaged me to say the least haha, and to make matters worse shes currently still doing it,

and it upsets me because i wish she'd have respect for herself.
Why did she give you a play by play account of all her escapades?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending