The Student Room Group

2016 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blackforce
To God be the Glory.Finally made it to CSC stage

**Dancing to GOD for you.**
Original post by Birdee
@Blackforce Congratulation!!

yea...dats the spirit of true friendship.
Original post by Teeyamz
Greenwich I guess @ Blackforce Congratulations Mr.

You amaze me by your sincerity of heart.
Original post by tanyarmk
received this email on the 19th............Thank you for your interest in the University of Chester and the Commonwealth Scholarship. Choosing the right candidate was a very difficult and competitive process. We had to consider all aspects of the applications and requirements in order to choose seven candidates out of over 250 applications. We regret that you were not successful on this occasion. You should receive an email through the EAS system in the next 7 working days.

Unfortunately due to the amount of applications we received we are unable to provide individual feedback on applications.

We wish you every success in your future studies.

Kind Regards,

....so if you havent heard from chester I presume your application was successful...wish you good luck

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Original post by Birdee
@tanyarmk on the contrary, I received that same mail on the 19th but received the below mail today;
We would like to thank you for your Commonwealth Application to the University of Chester. Although you were not successful in obtaining the Commonwealth Scholarship, your application was of a very high academic standard and after consulting with the relevant academic department we wish to offer you the Westminster Scholarship. Details of the Westminster Scholarship can be found in the attached offer letter. We hope that this will be of some help to you financially and you choose the University of Chester as your place of study.

A typical case of...

When one door closes, another opens...

CONGRATULOBIAAAAAAAAA
Original post by Trail-Blazer
Hi. Congratulations. Did you receive a formal admissions letter to the university from them offering you a place?

when i saw your pics, i was panting.
Original post by RAYZ25
@Gareth256, I applied to Bangor but I have not heard from them....

@Rayz25 Has your agency input been filled yet?
[QUOTE="Pompey4;64405807"]
Original post by Birdee
@Pompey thanks...What does your Newcastle application say?[/QUOTE

@birdee I mailed James Fox and he said am a reserve candidate. Which remaining schools r u looking up to?its just unfortunate that most schools have very small number of awards and they will still list up up to 10 eligible courses. For example a schools like Portsmouth, Cardiff and Swansea have just 1 award and they end up listing up many courses. @Birdee or @kachikau, if you guys were among the scholarship selection committee of any university and you receive about 200 applications, all with high cgpas, all with very good personal statement and benefits statements, all with high ielts scores, all with volunteering experiences and good work experiences. At this point, how would you guys select a single person out of the 200 for an award? I feel all this section committees still make use of some factors that are not listed in the CSC prospectus. Factors like checking the rating of the university u finished your bachelors from, preference for countries (some might like Indians while some like Nigerians or Ghanaians) and lots more. I can't ever imagine been part of a selection committee, it could be tough decisions to make.

its obvious.
Original post by Birdee
@Pompey true..a lot of good applications get rejected because of limited number of awards. That is why we all need God's favour. He alone qualifies the unqualified..in the words of my friend @Kachikau.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahha

why is my name TRENDING?
Original post by Garima Gupta
Thanks for responding Kuchikau. I am from India. Wrote to them, they responded that I am on reserve list.

OK.
Last year, many reserve candidates secured the CSC.

Life is mystery indeed.
Original post by Garima Gupta
This is for people who have got nominated for CSS. Is there a deadline for you all to accept or reject the nomination?

obviously
Original post by Larrie16
Where is fembas? The Keele University applicant. Any outcome?

let me find him using GOOGLE
Original post by Larrie16
Where is fembas? The Keele University applicant. Any outcome?

let me find him using GOOGLE
Original post by fembas
Hi Larrie, Fembas is here, a Reserve candidate at Keele University. Any news from your end?

spo you are here? I served google a query for nosecuring your location. Lol
Original post by fembas
Hi Larrie, Fembas is here, a Reserve candidate at Keele University. Any news from your end?

so you are here? I served google a query for nosecuring your location. Lol
Original post by Birdee
I see that we have a lot of people on the reserve list, please all primary nominees should let us know which offer they will accept or decline.

Mustapha and co. Here is a question for you. Lol

#runs out of forum#
Original post by Birdee
I see that we have a lot of people on the reserve list, please all primary nominees should let us know which offer they will accept or decline.

#runs out of forum#
Original post by kuchikau

#runs out of forum#

hahaha...kuchikau I am your #1 fan....you are a very humoruos ...wish I knew you in person!!!
Reply 698
123.pngis this normal case? I mean it stated "the deadline has passed and no longer submit the form". Or actually i didnt submit the form? or actually it is same to everyone? but i already has submit the form and "in tray" it stated that those form are "submitted form in process". help me
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mimiszz
123.pngis this normal case? I mean it stated "the deadline has passed and no longer submit the form". Or actually i didnt submit the form? or actually it is same to everyone? but i already has submit the form and "in tray" it stated that those form are "submitted form in process". help

me

@ Mimiz dat feature is perculiar to us all just go ahead and click d Agency Input, click ok on any display and D U are. U will find if ur input has bin filled or not, I hope dis helps.

Quick Reply