The Student Room Group

English Festival - Short Story Competition!

Scroll to see replies

:flute:
So when will the winners be decided? ...
Original post by IFoundWonderland

How do we vote :flute:

Original post by Ethereal World

I think voting will start on Monday :h:
Original post by Changing Skies

Idk why but the :h: face on the end tickled me.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hahaha I'm glad to hear it :lol: :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

:colonhash:

You basically vote for your favourite ones, and the ones that have the most votes (I don't know how many), then go to a judging panel. So the one with the most votes in the poll coming up isn't necessarily the winner.

Original post by Gingerbread101
Check back after 22nd April, where you can vote for your favourite stories before the top ones go to our judging panel!
Original post by Axel Johann
You basically vote for your favourite ones, and the ones that have the most votes (I don't know how many), then go to a judging panel. So the one with the most votes in the poll coming up isn't necessarily the winner.

Yep - so we can make sure the competition isn't just a popularity contest we'll be taking the top 10 that are voted for and a panel will be deciding the winners from them :smile:

Original post by Changing Skies

Survey is up to go vote! Couldn't do a simple poll on TSR because there were too many entries :parrot: So everyone can go vote here
Original post by Fox Corner
Survey is up to go vote! Couldn't do a simple poll on TSR because there were too many entries :parrot: So everyone can go vote here

Are we allowed to plug the survey into our stories and ask for votes, or is that akin to rep whoring?
Are we allowed to plug the survey into our stories and ask for votes, or is that akin to rep whoring?

I think you should do this because everyone in your thread clearly appreciated this story a lot.

I actually re read it at the weekend and saw a lot in it I hadn't initially seen. It's really beautiful and poignant.
I think you should do this because everyone in your thread clearly appreciated this story a lot.

I actually re read it at the weekend and saw a lot in it I hadn't initially seen. It's really beautiful and poignant.

I got a PRSOM :frown:

Thank you lovely <3

It's fine to put a link to the voting in your story (probably encouraged, if it gets more people to see the voting link), just make sure you don't say anything like 'if you vote for me I'll give you rep' or 'if you vote for my story I'll vote for yours' :h:
It's fine to put a link to the voting in your story (probably encouraged, if it gets more people to see the voting link), just make sure you don't say anything like 'if you vote for me I'll give you rep' or 'if you vote for my story I'll vote for yours' :h:

Perfect: I'll do that then. Thank you!
:banana: Short Story Competition :banana:

To open our official TSR English Festival, we're running a short story competition for all ages and abilities! Try your hand at creating a gripping thriller; a soppy romance; or anything that takes your fancy!

*** Check out our entries so far over here ***

*Voting is now open! Click here to tell us who you think should win*
The Rules:

Your story must be 500 words or less.

The content must be suitable for all ages and contain nothing explicit.

Please do not post anything that you are submitting as a piece of school coursework.

One entry per person.

All entries must be submitted before 22nd April

The Prizes:

There will be a £25 book voucher for the best overall story! For those who think outside the box, there's a £10 book voucher for the best original idea. Finally, we're going to pick an entry at random to win another £10 voucher!

Best of luck to everyone who takes part! To enter, post your thread in the English Forum, with the thread title as your story title, and then post the link in this thread to make your entry official!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4045157&p=64420981#post64420981

Hey, sorry but our deadline was the 22nd and the voting round has already begun :redface:
Hey, sorry but our deadline was the 22nd and the voting round has already begun :redface:

Ugh, silly me, I clearly can't read properly... :facepalm:
Original post by JessicaAsh
Ugh, silly me, I clearly can't read properly... :facepalm:

i enjoyed your lovely tale of traffic lights... i am sure there will be future competitions for you to enter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending